Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one quicksilver competition?

tag
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Cap one quicksilver competition?

Does anyone think that chase, boa, discover, or anyone else will come out with a 1.5% everything cash back card or something similar? I know with chase or boa you can basically get 1.1% back on everything if you have an account with them and deposit the cash back but that still falls short. It seems like unless your buying something in one of the higher % back categories there would be no reason to use your other card if you had a cap one quicksilver. I found a review on another website talking about 2% back cards but there not a true 2% cash back like with the fidelity amex you have to deposit into an ira. The barclaycard arrival but its still not 2% cash back its 2 miles. I might be missing some so sorry in advance. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap one quicksilver competition?

Well, Amex BCE/BCP comes out higher, on average, because of the 3%/6% on groceries and 3\2% on gas.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 9
darkpearl
Regular Contributor

I have quicksilver (as a MC no annual fee) but I also have a BoA visa which is 1.5% cash back on everything. I don't remember how I got it but there it is. I also get an extra 25% if I redeem over $300 at one time.

Message 3 of 9
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@darkpearl wrote:

I have quicksilver (as a MC no annual fee) but I also have a BoA visa which is 1.5% cash back on everything. I don't remember how I got it but there it is. I also get an extra 25% if I redeem over $300 at one time.

Thats really good I dont think boa has that card anymore or atleast i dont see it on their site.

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 4 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

but there not a true 2% cash back like with the fidelity amex you have to deposit into an ira.

Just to correct this, because it is often mentioned:  With Fidelity, you should deposit it into a Fidelity account (otherwise cash back is less) but it can be a straight free Cash Management account, which has no restrictions.  Each month the card sends the rewards to my account (if it is $50 or more)  and I can instantly ACH it to my bank account.  The "you need a Fidelity account" is hardly the barrier it sounds when people discuss this account (although I guess starting one might need some sort of credit pull).

Quicksilver is a good companion to this card though, no FTF, greater acceptance, and very easy redemption (don't have to wait for $50)

Message 5 of 9
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@darkpearl wrote:

An bit off topic , but how did you get Quicksilver as an MC , i thought they were all visas? I am sort of looking for an nice cashback MC card to apply for next year. The only one i saw that was decent was the Sallie Mae World mastercard. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 6 of 9
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

Does anyone think that chase, boa, discover, or anyone else will come out with a 1.5% everything cash back card or something similar? I know with chase or boa you can basically get 1.1% back on everything if you have an account with them and deposit the cash back but that still falls short. It seems like unless your buying something in one of the higher % back categories there would be no reason to use your other card if you had a cap one quicksilver. I found a review on another website talking about 2% back cards but there not a true 2% cash back like with the fidelity amex you have to deposit into an ira. The barclaycard arrival but its still not 2% cash back its 2 miles. I might be missing some so sorry in advance. 

Elan Financial Services provides credit cards for something like 1700 banks and credit unions. Their standard cards are a 1% plus %25 bonus on all cash back earned each month with no fee; or 1% plus 50% bonus but with a annual fee. The annual fee isn't worth it in my opinion. Still 1.25% isn't much different than the Quicksilver's 1.5%

The Fidelity card is good for 2% as others have stated. Personally, I prefer having several cards that will provide a large number of 5% cash back categories (some user selectable) and in practice I find that few expenses end up on a 2% everything card. And mainly thats because so far I haven't applied for all the cards I want Smiley Wink

PS: I cancelled my 1.25% card 2 days ago.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 7 of 9
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@darkpearl wrote:

Thats really good I dont think boa has that card anymore or atleast i dont see it on their site.

They still have the BankAmericard Travel Rewards card at 1.5% on everything, though its not a cash back card.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 8 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

but there not a true 2% cash back like with the fidelity amex you have to deposit into an ira.

Just to correct this, because it is often mentioned:  With Fidelity, you should deposit it into a Fidelity account (otherwise cash back is less) but it can be a straight free Cash Management account, which has no restrictions.  Each month the card sends the rewards to my account (if it is $50 or more)  and I can instantly ACH it to my bank account.  The "you need a Fidelity account" is hardly the barrier it sounds when people discuss this account (although I guess starting one might need some sort of credit pull).

Quicksilver is a good companion to this card though, no FTF, greater acceptance, and very easy redemption (don't have to wait for $50)

+1

The BofA privileges card is also a 1.5% (counting only base categories) if redeemed towards a BofA account. Essentially the tiers will be 1.5% base, 3% and 4.5% for the latter tiers up to $1500 in purchases each quarter. There is an AF however, which can be waived with 50k assets in BofA.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.