Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one secured

tag
mizzcharles
Valued Member

Re: Cap one secured

On there website it says that you account wil be reported monthly to all three...

Not sure what else you would need it to say, when i had an account with then before it was that way and since secured gets reported the same as unsecured i'm guessing it would be the same.

"Your card status will automatically be reported to the three major credit bureaus. Based on your payment and credit history, you may qualify for future credit line increases with no additional security deposit needed."..

1-800-955-7070

to find out more info.

*Wishing to be debt free*

Starting Score: EX: 513, TU 495
Current Score: EX: ???, TU 520
Goal Score: EX: 650, TU: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 49
MidnightOwl
Regular Contributor

I read that too but, somebody had mentioned that they only report that they have a debt, not the actual credit line. I'm only going by what the person who has the account told me. Just trying to give you or anyone a heads up just incase. You might want to call cap 1 for verification.

Message 12 of 49
mizzcharles
Valued Member

That's good and all but we  can all speculate all day. I think that the only thing that should matter is that you are paying your debt on time. You credit line shouldn't be a big issue, good payment should be all that needs to be known...

Again, to get the facts for yourself

please call the number as listed

1-800-955-7070

Good luck everyone

Message 13 of 49
MidnightOwl
Regular Contributor

Good point but, somehow I think the the total credit line is a factor in your scoring with future CCC's . I think most companies want to know what your credit line is & how your managing it. I do agree with you that a phone call should be made if someone intends to apply for this particular card. If anyone calls them please let this board know the results. I don't have any intentions of getting a cap 1 card personally but, it would be interesting to know the status of how they actually report.

Message 14 of 49
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@MidnightOwl wrote:

I had read somewhere that they don't report your credit line with the CRA's. Only that you have a debt.You might want to check with them to see if that is true.

There is another active thread about this. Cap One (it has been said) corrected the reporting issue....but it still lurks if one has a Cap one Visa Signature card.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Message 15 of 49
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@mizzcharles wrote:

I doubt they are strict, i applied last night and they said approved.. The great thing is that you can send your deposit online or over the phone. It says you can get your card within 7-10 business days

I noticed that they pulled experian last night as well.

so i'm waiting for them to withdraw my money, i'll leave an update for anyone interested.

It has been said they pull 3 hards (1 from each bureau). Experian pull is instantaneous. Other two are delayed.

Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)

Message 16 of 49
mizzcharles
Valued Member

That's ok, if they pull all three in MY case. My scores are low as it is.. Just waiting to see how long they take to respond... i hate long turn around times.

Why does it lurk to have them? I'm signed up for the mastercard.. tell me. the apr is a bit high(19.48)????? but they give you cli's while your on a secured card who else does that?

Message 17 of 49
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@mizzcharles wrote:

That's ok, if they pull all three in MY case. My scores are low as it is.. Just waiting to see how long they take to respond... i hate long turn around times.

Why does it lurk to have them? I'm signed up for the mastercard.. tell me. the apr is a bit high(19.48)????? but they give you cli's while your on a secured card who else does that?

Crazy. They give CLI's on secured cards? Never heard of that.

Message 18 of 49
mizzcharles
Valued Member

I know i was shocked as well..

It states it on the front page of the mastercard secured site

http://www.capitalone.com/creditcards/products/secured/?sol=11197&tc=1&credit=3&linkid=WWW_0608_CARD...

Take control and build your credit

• Automatic reporting
    to the 3 major credit bureaus
  • Track your credit
    free enrollment in CreditInform®† lets you track your credit information and receive credit tools
  • Earn credit line increases
    you may earn credit line increases based on your payment and credit history

This is all for the secured mastercard

Unless i can't read anymore.. lol

Message 19 of 49
MidnightOwl
Regular Contributor

I don't know if that wise crack at the end was directed at me or not but, All I said was I heard from someone who has the card that they are only reporting debt, not his credit line so, please don't make me out to look like the idiot here. I'm only passing on what was told to me & if you read what you just posted it says nothing about total credit line being reported... it says reports !! I'm sure they do report the whole 9 yards but, I was just passing the info on from another person. Thank you !!!!!

Message 20 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.