Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 AF waived experience..

tag
Shinoga
Regular Contributor

Cap1 AF waived experience..

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody had their AF waived recently. Last year one of my rebuilder cards which was still Orchard Bank had my AF waived by contacting the EO, When it switched to Cap1 I got hit by an AF of $ 74.00 (which I totally forgot about because the card was sd'd). I tried chatting with the rep and I just got the same old canned response that it was in my T&C which I don't rememeber reading and also due to economic changes they cannot waive this fee. The only card that I have that has an AF is my CSP. I'm considering contactoing the EO again and try to get this waived and possibly PC to another Quicksilver or should I just close the acct. This card does not benefit me at all at this point other than utilization. Does anybody have a recent experience and thoughts about this? Thanks.

MY FICO = 690 CK=660 GOAL = 750 and my own house!..Back in the garden

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap1 AF waived experience..

It sounds like you may need to contact the EO again and see if they can waive it.  The frontline CSRs are not going to be empowered to make those types of adjustments. 

Message 2 of 9
hyp0luxa
Regular Contributor

I was able to get my AF permanently waived via EO on my 'Platinum' MC after PC'ing to Quicksilver One

Last TL/HP 7/29/2015 | Gardening till December 2015 at least...
AMEX PRG - NPSL | NASA Cash Rewards - 30k | NFCU Cash Rewards VS - 25k | AMEX Everyday - 18k |
Chase CSP 16.8k | BOA 3-2-1 VS - 12k | Fidelity AMEX - 12k | Citi Dividend - 11.3k | Barclays Sallie Mae WMC - 10k | PayPal Extras MC - 7.5k | WalMart MC- 7.5k | Cap1 QS One - 6k | Barclays Apple Visa - 5.7k | Chase Freedom VS - 5k
Message 3 of 9
newUser0
Established Contributor

Can you Message me how you contacted EO?

Message 4 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@newUser0 wrote:

Can you Message me how you contacted EO?

Here's a link for contacting the Capital One EO.

Message 5 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I called a CSR and asked to have the fee waived, they said cannot due, I said close the card, the response was hold on a min, after 2-3 mins of being on hold they came back and said its waived for this year. This is before I knew about the EO, I will use that route in 2014.

Message 6 of 9
coterotie
Established Contributor

I did the facebook reachout thing and it worked quickly and efficiently to get it waived for a year.  Used chat to get the PC to rewards on the same Orchard.  Gave me a CLI of $80 whoopee.

@gdale6 wrote:

I called a CSR and asked to have the fee waived, they said cannot due, I said close the card, the response was hold on a min, after 2-3 mins of being on hold they came back and said its waived for this year. This is before I knew about the EO, I will use that route in 2014.

Message 7 of 9
Shinoga
Regular Contributor

Hmmm I tried contacting the EO today through email..no response yet. I want to try the facebook route but I don't want to re-activate FB just for this reason

MY FICO = 690 CK=660 GOAL = 750 and my own house!..Back in the garden

Message 8 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Shinoga wrote:

Hmmm I tried contacting the EO today through email..no response yet. I want to try the facebook route but I don't want to re-activate FB just for this reason

You need to give the EO time to respond, it is not instant.  Lately, due to volume/holidays, it appears it can take between 5-7 business days for them to contact you back.  There is Twitter or FB as an alternative.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.