Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 AF

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 AF

My Cap1 has a $19 AF and 12.90%apr.  Anyone been successful in getting a credit for the AF and/or having it cancelled?  What did you do?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Cap1 AF

I dont think CapOne would waive the AF.
Message 2 of 8
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

I wouldn't sweat $19.  I got the $29 AF and the 9.9% APR.  The welcome packet I got said $0 AF.  I called them and talked to them about it and they said they couldn't remove the AF.  I'm going to wait a bit and try again.  I think they want to keep the AF on the account for at least a year.  Then you might be able to negotiate it away.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

unknown_entity wrote:
I wouldn't sweat $19.  I got the $29 AF and the 9.9% APR.  The welcome packet I got said $0 AF.  I called them and talked to them about it and they said they couldn't remove the AF.  I'm going to wait a bit and try again.  I think they want to keep the AF on the account for at least a year.  Then you might be able to negotiate it away.

I have had the card for 4 years and due to the product type, not eligible for requested CLI's. Currently sits at $500.  I have good pay history, so wanted to have the AF credited since I can't get an increase. Not able to get another CAP1 card (declined).
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was unsuccessful in both ventures. I haven't heard of anyone having luck with it, but there is no harm in trying.
Message 5 of 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I got Capital One to waive the AF on my card without issue. I have the $19 AF Mastercard. Listed on their site as $300->$3000 limits.

I was able to combine it up to $3800.
Here we go again...
Message 6 of 8
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

Definitely worth calling the backdoor line and requesting that they waive the AF. It's always worth a shot; the worst they can do is say no!
Message 7 of 8
BooBee
New Contributor

islandchild82 wrote:
Definitely worth calling the backdoor line and requesting that they waive the AF. It's always worth a shot; the worst they can do is say no!

That's exactly what I did and they gave me a credit for the AF.  I had already paid my balance to zero so I had a credit until I used it.  Lots of horror stories about Cap1 but I really like the card.

My wife has only one card with our credit union with a CL of 30K.  Once my score reachs 700 I'll be going the same route and cancelling any other cards I have that have any annual fees above $30 (which is two).
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.