Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 APR reduction va EO w/o Inq?

tag
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Cap1 APR reduction va EO w/o Inq?

Hey guys. I'm an adamant gardener and I'm exploring some options to improve my current situation without any inquiries and whatnot.

My 7th statement recently cut with my Cap1 QS card. I currently have 19.8% APR with them. Anyone ever try to contact the EO office and asking them for an APR reduction without a hard pull? They've been really nice to me so far, I've opened the card 8 months ago with a 300CL and they auto CLI me to 3300 @6th statement. I also always PIF so that's that. Anyone have any experiance with this? Thanks.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 APR reduction va EO w/o Inq?

From my experience, the rarely budge on reducing the apr. You can check every month online to see if you have an promotions like apr reductions. Click on modify your features and it should come up if there are any apr reduction offers.
Message 2 of 4
L-TWT
Established Contributor

I've had my Cap1 card since 11/12', and on multiple occassions I've tired to decrease my APR from 16.9%, both from frontline CSR & EO, and very unsuccessful. They only offered me 7 month promotional rate @ 12.9%, I just can't fingure Cap1 out!

Message 3 of 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Only way you get a low APR with Cap1 is being a LONG time customer being a CC over say 7-10 years ago.. My apr is around 11% and has been that way for quite some time, probably since ive had the card.. They don't hand those apr's out anymore, from what ive seen.  It is only with that card, none of my new cap1 cards.. I believe the 11% one started out as a visa plat and now is a QS.

edit err was abit off 12%..

cap1 apr.PNG

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.