Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Account Combo!

tag
pi-r-squared
Frequent Contributor

Cap1 Account Combo!

Although not an approval on new credit, I was finally able to combine my oldest card (Cap 1 Plat $7K) into my Venture (total credit now $28K). Feels good to rid myself of the $19 annual fee and 25.24% APR.

Maybe that will allow me to qualify for another Cap 1 card down the road as I'm down to Venture and QS.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 Account Combo!

A high limit card,no more fee,and one less card. Has to look great on that credit report down the road. Great job.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice

Message 3 of 13
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nice move to make! Congrats

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 13
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I combined cards 3 weeks ago and it appears that Cap1 isn't reporting the correct limit. My limit changed on my reports so I know they changed something but it isnt correct, anyone else having a similar issue.

Message 6 of 13
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

@pi-r-squared wrote:
Although not an approval on new credit, I was finally able to combine my oldest card (Cap 1 Plat $7K) into my Venture (total credit now $28K). Feels good to rid myself of the $19 annual fee and 25.24% APR.

Maybe that will allow me to qualify for another Cap 1 card down the road as I'm down to Venture and QS.

How "old" was that card?  I'm afraid your AAoA will take a dive by closing your oldest card and possibly your score will dip...if it's a significantly aged acct.

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FroggieMom wrote:

@pi-r-squared wrote:

How "old" was that card?  I'm afraid your AAoA will take a dive by closing your oldest card and possibly your score will dip...if it's a significantly aged acct.

Closing a card will not effect you AAOA as it will continue to report for ten years you will lose the credit limit in you utilization calculation but not AAOA.
Message 8 of 13
padme
Established Contributor

congrats, hope u can get a huge CLI soon maybe

Message 9 of 13
pi-r-squared
Frequent Contributor

The old cap 1 card was opened Dec '14.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.