Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Auto Product Change?

tag
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Cap1 Auto Product Change?

My wife's oldest CC was a plain Jane Cap1 Platinum that is almost 3 years old. It was getting close to the experation date and Cap1 sent out a Cap1 Quicksilver to replace the Platinum. It has the same card number but with an experation date a few years in the future.

I just thought that was a bit odd, to just automatically do a product change without asking. I mean, we aren't complaining, the QS is a much better card with the 1.5% rewards and all.

Has that happened to anyone else?

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 Auto Product Change?

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!  I hope to PC mine soon.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on a great p/c!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah, I had a very old Cap 1 card, then it changed to some green card Cash Rewards. Now I'm getting 1.5% cash back, no AF/MC. Maybe I'll get the Quicksilver in a few months when it expires. 

Message 4 of 7
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@jamie123 wrote:

My wife's oldest CC was a plain Jane Cap1 Platinum that is almost 3 years old. It was getting close to the experation date and Cap1 sent out a Cap1 Quicksilver to replace the Platinum. It has the same card number but with an experation date a few years in the future.

I just thought that was a bit odd, to just automatically do a product change without asking. I mean, we aren't complaining, the QS is a much better card with the 1.5% rewards and all.

Hmmm. Interesting. My 4 year old (HSBC buyout ) Platinum expires June 2015. I'll have to pay attention to that. Thanks for sharing.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 5 of 7
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anomalous wrote:

@jamie123 wrote:

Hmmm. Interesting. My 4 year old (HSBC buyout ) Platinum expires June 2015. I'll have to pay attention to that. Thanks for sharing.

Try PC through Chat.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 7
core
Valued Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

@Anomalous wrote:

Try PC through Chat.

Yes definitely PC it now rather than waiting.  My online offers page on my HSBC buyout Platinum showed me nothing available but the rep in chat said there was in fact an offer in my account for the QS1.  He wouldn't give me the better QS though, even though I'm prequalified for it.  They want their AF.  I can probably get it waived in 5 months when it's due.  The reason I wouldn't wait is because the sooner you PC to the QS1 the sooner you can PC to something else, even if it's just the QS without AF.  You can't do any PCs for 6 months after the upgrade, they said.  And they might come out with a better card by June.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.