Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Buypower Fraud Department

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Cap1 Buypower Fraud Department

I thought i updated all of my cards, but I forgot to update my address on my Buypower card. Well yesterday i got a letter in the mail to contact them. So i dial the number, enter my acct number and get an offer for two Visa gift cards for taking a survey. I keep holding because I'm over taking surveys. Well it prompts me 3 more times to press "1" to take the survey. So then it moves on to some Carnival cruise offer. 4 more times of asking me to press 1, it asks if anyone in my household is over 50? Irritated, i try to log in online. It prompts me with the same number (my acct is frozen).

So this morning i find the regular 702 area code number, call it and dont enter my info and finally get through to a rep. She explains they offer several promotions. I said thats nice, but what is the issue with the card? She says there's a security freeze on the acct and offers to connect me to the Fraud Department. I waited on hold for 25 minutes and she wasn't able to connect me to anybody. I offer my phone number to have them call me but she said their call center is only configured to receive calls. I'm so done with chasing these people down, I've only been at my new address for 2 weeks. I'm ready to just kick this stupid card to the curb.
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
jstyle408
Established Member

Re: Cap1 Buypower Fraud Department

Is this card worthe having? (Buypower) I saw the advertisement and it look like a nice looking card but I dont really understand the benefut of this card.
|Cap 1QS Visa $3500 |Cap1 QS MC$3500| Freedom $1000| Amex $8000| Citi Premier $5000| Walmart store card $2100| Bestbuy store card $2800| Target store card $200|
Exp.619~Eq.655~TU.678
garden 'til march 2015 goals CSP
Message 2 of 29
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

It probably isnt for me, I doubt I'll ever buy a GM product. You can transfer the rewards up to a certain amount for a discount on a new car. You have to spend a lot to get anything meaningful back and its capped. They've offered me a few BT promotions on it.
Message 3 of 29
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Only really two positive things about this card..

1) single HP on EQ.  VS. triple hard pull on all other Cap1 cards

2) its a WEMC

that is my take on it. I would never use the rewards as I would never buy a GM product myself, but others might but to get any significant rewards you will be 6 feet under prior to that time imo.

Message 4 of 29
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

2) its a WEMC

that is my take on it. I would never use the rewards as I would never buy a GM product myself, but others might but to get any significant rewards you will be 6 feet under prior to that time imo.

3) probably offers a better limit than $600

Message 5 of 29
jstyle408
Established Member

Interesting... I guess I wont be apping for this card. If only they offer buy power for bmw. Then definitely would apped for that because owning this car is financially challenged.
|Cap 1QS Visa $3500 |Cap1 QS MC$3500| Freedom $1000| Amex $8000| Citi Premier $5000| Walmart store card $2100| Bestbuy store card $2800| Target store card $200|
Exp.619~Eq.655~TU.678
garden 'til march 2015 goals CSP
Message 6 of 29
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

2) its a WEMC

Bitter still eh?  I would be too! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 29
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

2) its a WEMC

Bitter still eh?  I would be too! Smiley Happy

More like intrigued. They've actually give me a genuine reason to avoid them.

Message 8 of 29
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Creditmagic is bitter to this card like i am with Comenity Virgin America haha. Cap1 actually gave me a decent limit on this and the single HP was the primary reason i app'd for it.
Message 9 of 29
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Creditmagic is bitter to this card like i am with Comenity Virgin America haha. Cap1 actually gave me a decent limit on this and the single HP was the primary reason i app'd for it.

+1

Smiley Mad Grrrrrr

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.