Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 CC payment on Sat+1 question

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Cap1 CC payment on Sat+1 question

If I make a payment online before noon on Saturday morning with Cap 1 will it be credited that day or will it be credited on Monday? My statement cut date is Monday and want to lower UTIL on it. The problem is that I have just paid medical bill for mother ($3,000) and my additional funds are not available until late Friday.

On a related note, if my UTIL on all cards is below 20% but say 60% on one card then how bad of a score hit will I take? Im trying to move some funds around from another account to avoid this problem but wanted to get an idea what kind of impact this would have (especially since I have new accounts about to start reporting and dont want to take too bad of hit when these lenders start softing me).

Thanks,

Duncan

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 CC payment on Sat+1 question

they usually available by monday or early tuesday......sometime they hold funds if you had a bad experience with 'em ;-(

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 8
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Thanks for reply but not asking about availablity, I'm asking about reported balance.  I want to keep Utilization down.  So the question is would a payment early Saturday be credited to my reported balance that day or would it be credited on Monday (when my statement generates).

Message 3 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Unless you are applying for something in the next month I wouldn't worry about it. This is what credit cards were designed for anyway, shirt term float.

For reference though you have a longer established history than mine: I dropped from 646 to 636 last month when I had 4k report unexpectedly on 7400 aggregate limit and over 60% on one card. No biggie as FICO has no memory of revolving utilization.

        
Message 4 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

To your other question, think that depends on lender on when they credit the payment against your balance. I don't know C1 policies specifically.

        
Message 5 of 8
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Thanks.  Ive already made 2 payments to Cap1 this month but Ive been stead fast in only letting one card report a balance and keeping that to below 3%.  I hate breaking that habit but Hurricane Isaac, mother's deteriating health and some unexpected bills (had a parking ticket from 3 years ago go to collection agency so I paid that immediately to avoid any reporting to CRA) has placed me in a cash flow problem for two weeks.

Just trying to avoid past mistakes.

Message 6 of 8
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Credit Card Payment Posting Timeframes
Payment submitted onPosts to accountFunds available
Monday-Saturdaybefore5:00 p.m. ET
(2:00 p.m. PT)
Same day by midnight  The day after the payment posts
   by 8:00 a.m ET (5:00 a.m PT)*
Monday-Fridayafter5:00 p.m. ET
Next day by midnight
Saturdayafter5:00 p.m. ET
Next business day by midnight
Sundayanytime 
Next business day by midnight **
Payments are not processed or posted Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, or New Year's Day.

* The availability of funds may be delayed at Capital One's sole discretion to ensure payment in good funds.

** If your payment due date falls on Sunday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's and you schedule a payment on that date, then
your payment will be considered on time.

Message 7 of 8
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Thanks Wolf

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.