Established Contributor
Skye12329

Cap1 CLI Question

So i have had my QS card for almost a year, in may i can request another CLI but my question here is, if i ask for one and its declined. Can i ask for another after a month or two and possibly be approved or would i need to wait another 6 mos? Because i do have a small balance on my cards and generally when im asking for a CLI i try to get a $0 balance on all cards before asking to help my chances or at least below %30 anyways. I also know that sometimes when they view my information it might be the previous months report so thats why im asking. Also does anyone know if i request the increase online will i get an immediate answer?

Wallet: Chase Freedom, CSP, Discover IT
The Exiled Cards: Quicksilver, Target, Elan Financial Services, Best Buy, Sears MC
8/11/14 EQ: 687
9/7/14 TU: 700. All goal cards achieved! :smileyhappy: Score is only a number, its the profile that matters. However i will try to achieve 750+
Frequent Contributor
Longroad

Re: Cap1 CLI Question

My experience has been that it doesn't matter how often you ask or how long you wait, they will ALWAYS say NO. press the luv button, email the EO they will ALWAYS say NO. Bjt they are very nice about it. My experience is if you want a decent CL look for another lender

Senior Contributor
SunriseEarth

Skye12329 wrote:

So i have had my QS card for almost a year, in may i can request another CLI but my question here is, if i ask for one and its declined. Can i ask for another after a month or two and possibly be approved or would i need to wait another 6 mos? Because i do have a small balance on my cards and generally when im asking for a CLI i try to get a $0 balance on all cards before asking to help my chances or at least below %30 anyways. I also know that sometimes when they view my information it might be the previous months report so thats why im asking. Also does anyone know if i request the increase online will i get an immediate answer?

Yes, you can ask again after a shorter time than 6 months if you were denied a CLI.  The 6 month rule only applies if you were approved.  

Start: 619 (Wally, 9/2013) | Current: 669 (Wally, 10/6/14), 703 (EQ myFICO 8/13/14)
Care Credit $10200 | Walmart Store $5000 | AMEX BCE $4500 | Cap 1 QS1 $4000 | JCP $3900 | AMEX Costco TE $3500 | Macy's Special Events $2900 | Macy's Revolving $2500 | CU Visa $2500 | Sony Card $2500 | Amazon Store $1800 | Citi DC WMC $1200 | Merrick $1200 | Target $1000 | VS $850 | Gold Violin $850 ~~Gardening Since 8/28/14
Established Contributor
TiggerDat

I tried to get an increase on one account with them and got a message that said because of usage vs. payments I could not get a CLI.  So I paid the balance in full, the balance is not actually mine - It's my nieces, and then then after the statement cut I tried again and got an increase from $3,500 to $5,500.  (I find it funny they didn't want the interest they were getting on the account, since all I did was transfer through spending the balance to another Capone account that had no interest for 12 months.) 

I haven't gotten any love on another account with them since I EO'd for a CLI.  It has been about 8 months now since i did that and they keep saying they can't do it until they assess my account at it's current limit.  It's an old HSBC (Household) card which I was getting the same message even after the conversion.  I actually think it is just coded to give me that message. 

It doesn't matter how often you try unless you get the increase. I tried right before my statement cut and then right after my statement cut and got the same message.

Rethink every purchase you make, before you make it. Use the card with the best rewards. Pay in full each month. Redeem rewards often. Use the cards online shopping for more discounts. Smile, knowing that being thrifty allows you to actually get more out of the same amount of money!
Regular Contributor
angelcred10

when I did the same, it was like many others experience on here..

30-day blah blah

then out of nowhere the next month had an "Auto-CLI" for $300 extra..

Funny thing is I had no purchases or use the two months all that happened..

Starting Score: 635 Current Score: 688(discover) 707 (Sallie Mae TU pull) Goal Score:720s
Tried to use Images but it was all Wibbly, Wobbly, and Timey-Wimey.
Cap One Quicksilver $1,300 Wal-Mart $1,000 Best Buy $1.5K DiscoverIT $2.5K Chase Freedom $3K AMEX BCE $2K
NEW: Chase Slate - $1,000
NEW: AMEX Everyday - $4,000
NEW: Sallie Mae - $2,500
CC Pay-Off Challenge!!!!!
Frequent Contributor
striehl8212

Skye12329 wrote:

I had sucess with my dad's Platinum card. I talked to a CSR and she PC'd his platinum to the VentureOne card and asked for a CLI ( I was feeling lucky even though his utilization on that card was at 86%) and was asked if $2,000 increase would work for me. And it was a SP. So I say you never know until you try. 

March 2014: EX 693 I EQ 672 I TU 694
September 2014: EX 721 I EQ 741 I TU 742
Regular Contributor
Brax

I requested a CLI online over 5 times in Feb, kept getting denied for "insufficient usage". Towards the end of the month, went out and made a few swipes ($23 total) requested again and was approved for a $5000 increase, from $2000 to $7000.

So the most important thing I believe is to have at least 3 swipes in the last 1-2 months.

Cash+ (10K), WF Plat (10K), Cap1 (7K), Amex Blue Cash (10.5K) SPG (7K), Amex HHonors (9.4K), Discover (9.5K), FlexPerks (15K), Sallie Mae (7.7K), Citi Exec AA (13K), BoA AAA Rewards (6K), Lufthansa M&M (13K)
Regular Contributor
avv7c0

I disagree that the luv button is always a "no." I hit it the other day and was increased from $7.5k to $10.5k on my Venture.

Couldn't be happier. :smileyhappy: But we do use it as our primary card, so maybe that's why. Ran $90k through it last year.
----------------------------------------------------------
Fico Scores:
EQ - 811 (Feb '14)
TU - 829 (Mar '14)
EX - 814 (Mar '12) - Lender Pull
Regular Contributor
CenturyChild

[ Edited ]

Send a PM via Facebook.  EO offices will call you.

YES. its possible. 

I just done this with my QS. It had a $750 limit, $39 AF and was 10 months old.

A few days later I have a $1500 limit and no AF.

But, I didn't just have 10 months with CapOne. And, I made heavy use of the QS. Running it to its limit and PIF every month.

I also had a couple years history with them from my Secured Card that I recently closed a couple months ago. And, I have another account with them, but its only 4 months old or so.

Not sure if all that makes a difference, but this is possible through the FB channel..

The online request will always deny if theres been a change in the limit in last 6 months, and various other reasons. Its really by the book.  EO will manuall review.

--Gardening until 12-2014--

Average Starting FICO 585 (6-12)
Current FICO 685 as of (3-14)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}