Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 CLI - Thanks for your help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 CLI - Thanks for your help

I had this account open for about a year and with in the first 3months I really messed up the account but then had straghiten it in the right direct. I never did get a CLI.

Thanks to one of you guy's out there that had posted the backdoor numbers I went ahead and called and told them "What do I got to do on the account to get a CLI?" The lady told me that she would me able to increase the CL today by $500.00. Now currently as it stands the CL is 800.00. Thanks for your help.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
emanuelr1b
Valued Member

Re: Cap1 CLI - Thanks for your help

Hi,

What CAP 1 number did you call to get the CLI?
Message 2 of 10
GLMRGIRL717
Established Member

Good news on your CLI.  Be aware on the ceiling on your Capital One card.  Since they have different cards for different types of history, once you reach their maximum CL on your specific cards (new credit/rebuilders seems to be $1k-$1.5k), they won't raise it any higher.  Your only option will be to apply for a new card and try to combine the two limits, closing your old account or stick with the $1k as the highest limit they will give you. 
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@emanuelr1b wrote:
Hi,

What CAP 1 number did you call to get the CLI?

I called this number 1-877-513-9959. I recommend that anyone should try it. Look at what happen to me. I got approved right anyway. I ask if anything would be reported to the credit bureau and they told me No. They only thing that they said that they would have to notify is that the CL was change.

Thanks again.
Message 4 of 10
emanuelr1b
Valued Member

Thanks Andrew!

Clyde
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@emanuelr1b wrote:
Thanks Andrew!
Clyde

Welcome...Let me know what happens for you!
Message 6 of 10
emanuelr1b
Valued Member

I certainly will.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@emanuelr1b wrote:
I certainly will.

Did you ever call man?
Message 8 of 10
emanuelr1b
Valued Member

Hi Andrew,

I just applied for another Capital One Credit Card and was approved, with a 3k credit limit. I am quite happy.  I haven't called a backdoor to ask for a greater limit.  I think 3k is pretty good especially since I was discharged from BK in March, 2008.  My other Capital One card started out with a $300 limit and is now at $1,100.  I have consistently paid that card off right before the close of the billing cycle.  Have a great day!!!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow, congrats...I have 2 Cap1 cards, both I have had for over 4 years now; each started at 300, auto'ed to 500 and there they sit. I tried the number and am told not eligible for a customer initiated limit at this time. Was told that a few months ago and told to try again in a few months.

I am so fed up with them. I think the fact that I have put only a small purchase and immediately PIF on one and have not used the other for quite some time may be hurting me with them.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.