Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 CLI email offer

tag
LisaPA
Regular Contributor

Cap1 CLI email offer

So after trying repeatedly to get Cap1 to give me a CLI on my ancient rebuilder card, I finally gave up and threw it in the sock drawer ages ago. It occasionally gets used a few times a year, and I'm always thinking about canceling, but never get around to it. After putting spend on it a few weeks ago, this morning I unexpectedly received an email from them saying I *might* qualify for a CLI (from 3k to 8k!), but they need more info from me.

Since they didn't just give me an increased limit, but are tempting me with a set amount, this sounds to me like they're going to do a hard pull. The FAQ of course says nothing about this.

It's totally not worth it to me to get a hard pull for this, but if it's a freebie, I'll take it. Anybody else had experience with this offer? (ETA: I did several searches and didn't find a similar thread.)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 CLI email offer

Most CLI's with Cap One ware done with a soft pull...no reason to believe this one wouldn't be similar.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

All Cap1 CLI I have seen are SP. They probably want to verify your income and other information. As always YMMV.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 9
LisaPA
Regular Contributor

Well, except that if they soft pull all the time anyway, why don't they just give me the CLI? No need for all the rigmarole.

Anyway, I'll chat with a rep and verify that when I get home, just thought I'd see if there was any direct experience with an offered CLI from them. That part seems more unusual to me.

Message 4 of 9
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@LisaPA wrote:

Well, except that if they soft pull all the time anyway, why don't they just give me the CLI? No need for all the rigmarole. Anyway, I'll chat with a rep and verify that when I get home.

They could, and should, but like cold said, they probably want an updated income and housing payment, stuff they ask for when you do the CLI online anyway.

If it's been over 6 months, you will probably get it.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 5 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I too would assume they just need you to update your income and accept basically that you want the CLI and boom it will go since they gave you a specific amount... seems like it would make more sense to just give it but capital one is a little behind on being smart!

Message 6 of 9
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Cap One loves to HP when you apply from an account (since they HP from just about every CRA they can), but it seems to all be SPs once you're in.

I think they just want to verify income.  Go for it!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 9
bk510
Valued Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

All Cap1 CLI I have seen are SP. They probably want to verify your income and other information. As always YMMV.

+1

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 8 of 9
bk510
Valued Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Cap One loves to HP when you apply from an account (since they HP from just about every CRA they can), but it seems to all be SPs once you're in.

I think they just want to verify income.  Go for it!

+1

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.