Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 CLI now SP?

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 CLI now SP?

Why yes, we do offer free cookies.  Unfortunately, you are not eligible for a free cookie.

Oh... what are the eligibility criteria?

We appreciate your interest in our free cookies and use a variety of criteria to evaluate your eligibility.  A letter will arrive in 7 to 10 days regarding your request for a cookie.

Alright...  Has anyone actually ever received a free cookie?

Our free cookie program is very popular.  Many people every day request a free cookie.

Nice.  

Message 11 of 35
p-
Valued Contributor

p- wrote:...Looks like I'll be calling backdoor recon soon.... 

Called the backdoor number.  Rep said they don't do recons on CLI requests.  Said that I should wait for the letter to arrive and read it.  Wouldn't tell me anything else.  Nice.

Message 12 of 35
Jlu
Established Contributor

@p- wrote:

Why yes, we do offer free cookies.  Unfortunately, you are not eligible for a free cookie.

Oh... what are the eligibility criteria?

We appreciate your interest in our free cookies and use a variety of criteria to evaluate your eligibility.  A letter will arrive in 7 to 10 days regarding your request for a cookie.

Alright...  Has anyone actually ever received a free cookie?

Our free cookie program is very popular.  Many people every day request a free cookie.

Nice.  

hahahahahahahahahaha

EDIT: This made my day.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 13 of 35
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Thats the typical Capital One customer service / love. Had my card 4 years and recieved one auto cli. The other two times I tried they said wait for the letter in the mail.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 14 of 35
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@ssghandless wrote:

What builder did you get? I was looking to move my builder up to Cash Rewards but I heard they will not do it without a HP?

They PCd me from regular platinum to cash rewards after 2 weeks of having an account, no HP. (Although that might have been since I'd only had it for 2 weeks, so my HPs were recent) 

I just asked and they surprisingly said yes. 

Message 15 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had same experience yesterday. Chat representative assured me that it will be SP. Moreover I did not get any alert yet, if it will HP then I will shout load at them.

Message 16 of 35
ssghandless
Contributor

I have heard that is better to just apply for a new Cap1 account rather than try to maximize the current account. But I dont know if they would consider keeping the same AAOA on the new card though?

4/5/12 TU-635 Ex-634 Eq-646 (Kroll Fact. Home loan)
9/8/10 TU-654 Ex-627 Eq-638
8/1/10 TU-629 Ex-627 Eq-638

Starting Score: 526
Current Score: 635
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 17 of 35
Jlu
Established Contributor

@ssghandless wrote:

I have heard that is better to just apply for a new Cap1 account rather than try to maximize the current account. But I dont know if they would consider keeping the same AAOA on the new card though?

That is the key. The reason we like PC's are because they allow us to upgrade/change products without losing AAoA/history. With a new app you take a HP, lose AAoA and add a new TL. Many lenders allow PC's while avoiding all three of those FICO pitfalls.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 18 of 35
ssghandless
Contributor

CAP1 never gives a PC though. I have heard of only one.

4/5/12 TU-635 Ex-634 Eq-646 (Kroll Fact. Home loan)
9/8/10 TU-654 Ex-627 Eq-638
8/1/10 TU-629 Ex-627 Eq-638

Starting Score: 526
Current Score: 635
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 19 of 35
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@ssghandless wrote:

CAP1 never gives a PC though. I have heard of only one.

There's actually quite a few success stories about Cap1 PCs on this forum. A lot more than I ever thought there would be based on the general opinion of them. 

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.