Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Credit Steps

tag
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Cap1 Credit Steps

When does the CLI usually occur i know it says by your 7th statement anyone have any experience of when though because by usually means could happen before or on whats the usual time frame everyone usually experience.

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap1 Credit Steps

Good question -- I'd like to hear more recent experiences on this as well. My Cap1 QS is also in the credit steps program and my lowest CL as far as non-store cards go, so I'm pretty anxious myself to see a CLI sooner than later. I've only had it for 2, soon-to-be 3, statement cycles. So, it'll be a few more months before seeing a CLI :-( .... if the 6 statement policy holds true.
IIRC, there were a couple posters that stated they were able to get a CLI sooner (after their 4th statement?) although they too were in credit steps. And I believe their CLI was significantly higher (for Cap1 standards) than the $250 that credit steps program promises at the end of 6 months.
Anyway, I hope my cc will be evaluated sooner and be one of those lucky few. A $500 CL is really not easy to use on a regular basis without making several payments per month. If this card weren't the QS with its simple 1.5% cb rewards structure, I would really be thinking about closing it at this point. But I do like the "catch all" feature of the QS rewards program, so for me it's worth waiting a bit longer to see what happens. Just hoping not too much longer......
AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 2 of 7
dta
New Contributor

I've had two Cap One cards that increased with credit steps: Secured card opened mid-March 2011, increased in mid-November 2011 (7 mos.); CR card (old QSO) opened mid-October 2012, increased in mid-July 2013 (9 mos). There might be different timeframes for different cards. The CR card said it would increase by the tenth statement.
Freedom | BofA CR | Amex BCE | NFCU CR | CSP | Fidelity Amex | Citi AA Plat | Discover it | Amex PRG | US Airways Prem | SW RR Plus | Delta Gold | Citi Double Cash | WF Propel 360 | Chase BA
Message 3 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

When I had a CS card it was promised after 5th stmt, it happened halfway between the 5th & 6th stmt

Message 4 of 7
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

Just like it says, after five payments. Right before the sixth statement. So 6 from opening approx.
Message 5 of 7
toi34
Established Contributor

The day my 5th statement cut I received a $2000 increase...from $300 to $2300.

Message 6 of 7
Dr_Credit

Capital one is worst with CLI. I have two Capital one cards, and I did not receive any credit limit increase in either one of them for 4-5 years. I requested for CLI on both cards few months ago via their website, and they were both denied. So I emailed their executive office and told them about my situation and how I have high credit limits on other credit cards from other banks and how i have been a loyal customer of Capital One for over 10 years now and yet I get denied for CLI. They called me the same day I sent the email, and said their automated  online CLI increase system was rejecting most online CLI requests, and if I want, they can manually review my both accounts for CLI, which will only generate a soft pull. The lady then asked me few questions about my income and my monthly rent/mortgage payments. She asked me how much CLI I wanted. I requested for 15K limit on both cards (I had 2.6K in one and 3.9K in the other). I knew I wasnt gonna get the full 15K in each card, but I tried my luck anyway. They called me two days later and notified that both cards were increased to 8K limit. Thats a combine increase of 9.5K in both cards. Which is not bad, considering it was a soft pull only.

Current Scores: 791 (TU), 787 (EX), 784 (EQ); Target Score: 800+
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.