Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 EO Call: No such thing as QS WEMC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 EO Call: No such thing as QS WEMC?

I had an interesting call with an rep from Capital One's EO today...

While on the phone for a separate matter, I asked the rep before we hung up if I might be able to upgrade my QS WMC to a QS WEMC.

Before I had even fully finished my thought, Erica interjected saying that Capital One does not offer the World Elite MC in any fashion?

I would swear that I had seen posters' signatures on this board having QS World Elite MCs. Can anyone attest to actually having a World Elite (not just World) MC from Capital One?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 EO Call: No such thing as QS WEMC?

it is something they used to do and i am under the impression that it was by invite mainly.

also, there really isn't much benefit of the WEMC over the WMC.. not enough to get too worried about anyway
Message 2 of 13
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
it is something they used to do and i am under the impression that it was by invite mainly.

also, there really isn't much benefit of the WEMC over the WMC.. not enough to get too worried about anyway

World eliete is only avaible by invite only in Capitol one, one of my regulars has a world eliete venture one, you can most definitely get a WEMC from Capitol one, but as said it is by invite only Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 13
Callandra
Valued Contributor

I feel like one of the owners at my last job at a WEMC Quicksilver (I remember he had a QS with a silver shiny MC logo...I don't remember if it said World Elite on it though)..I don't think they are that common. Do you actually want the World Elite benefits or just the status of it? 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Callandra wrote:

I feel like one of the owners at my last job at a WEMC Quicksilver (I remember he had a QS with a silver shiny MC logo...I don't remember if it said World Elite on it though)..I don't think they are that common. Do you actually want the World Elite benefits or just the status of it? 

You say "status" like it's a bad thing Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

the reason that was said is because so many people just want the VS or WEMC just because it offers "benefits" but, to the people that worry the most about it, those "benefits" will probably never be used. too common do people contact EOs and the like for those nominal upgrades that play no use in their lifestyle. so yes, to many that want it they want it for the "status"
Message 6 of 13
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Capital one doesn't offer the WEMC in any fashion? I suppose she doesn't count co brand cards such as the capital one gm buypower WEMC.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ based on the OP, i would have imagined we were keeping this straight cap1 and not co-branded.
Message 8 of 13
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
^ based on the OP, i would have imagined we were keeping this straight cap1 and not co-branded.

In that regard the GM card is the only one that can be applied for than right? As for non co-branded Capitol One products, there has only been what, one post recently of a member getting a WE upgrade? And I do t know if it was verified, the thread is buried. But it's pretty cut and dry, they offer world eliete but only by invite, I literally just asked this and Melissa said it was still offered but it is not done by request,  but Capitol one is a weird beast...

Message 9 of 13
Officer737
Established Contributor

When I looked at the benefits between the WMC and WEMC programs, there differences were marginal in my regard and I wouldnt notice the difference anyways. THe main ones that both shared were the main ones I was interested in anyways. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.