Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 EO semi-success

tag
subsnao
Regular Contributor

Cap1 EO semi-success

Called to follow up on my email that I sent early Monday morning/late Sunday night. Hadn't heard anything, so I figured I would call today and just get it over with. Nice guy I was transferred to (as he was the one my email was forwarded to) took my information and we went about our business. I wanted a CLI and an APR reduction (from the 19.8% that my Journey card had that followed me to the QS). I was able too get a temporary decrease to 15.99% APR for 7 months! Its something, at least. He said I could call back at the end of that 7 seven months and we can see if anything can be done again either permanently or another temp reduction. He said the APR reduction was an "offer" that I would not have known about unless I called in to request it. So if you are in the market for a lower APR on your Cap1 card, see if they have anything for you. Even a temp reduction is something. They lowered mine almost 4%.

As far as the CLI is concerned, he told me the usual and I am now waiting to hear back in 3-5 business days. I am not really hopeful, but maybe something will come of it. I requested an increase to $3k, which is the minimum limit for the QS card from my measly $500 limit. Told him yes I would take a lower amount if offered. We shall see what happens.

In the garden as of 2/22/2015
Scores:
TU: 753 (Discover FICO 7/2014) EQ: 721 (FICO 4/2014) EX: 723 (FICO 3/2014)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap1 EO semi-success

Good luck on your CLI! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Hey OP I requested a CLI as well with the EO still patiently waiting to hear back. Wish they would approve mine by tomorrow latest so they can report my new CL at the same time my statement cuts rather than having to wait another billing cycle for it to be reflected on my CR. I asked for $2k more btw... let us know how yours turns out

Message 3 of 6
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Hey OP I'm not sure if u heard back from Cap One EO but they called me back this morning to verify some identity information since I placed a fraud alert on my file. Afterwards I logged in online and they had increased my CL to $1500... $500 shy away from what I requested but I accept it tho. Way to go for Cap One lol.

Message 4 of 6
subsnao
Regular Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

Hey OP I'm not sure if u heard back from Cap One EO but they called me back this morning to verify some identity information since I placed a fraud alert on my file. Afterwards I logged in online and they had increased my CL to $1500... $500 shy away from what I requested but I accept it tho. Way to go for Cap One lol.

That's awesome! Congrats. I am not expecting to see or hear anything from them until sometime early next week. Even the guy i spoke to at the EO said that. However, I am not expecting any CLI at all. My income is really low considering I am a college student who cannot work more than 20 hours/week because my school won't let me. But that hasn't stopped Citi from giving me an almost $3k limit (which I turned into an $1800 limit TYP, which was given a $500 original limit before I moved credit around, and kept my Dividends at its original $1600) and BoA giving me a $2.7k limit. I think I should have let those report before tryig with Cap1 EO. But, hindsight is 20/20

In the garden as of 2/22/2015
Scores:
TU: 753 (Discover FICO 7/2014) EQ: 721 (FICO 4/2014) EX: 723 (FICO 3/2014)
Message 5 of 6
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Thanks... And on the other hand, im not exactly sure why they would tell you that u gotta wait until next week. I put in my request this Wednesday and today I already got mine.... and they did a SP on Equifax for me. I totally understand the income thing regarding college but that shouldnt be much of an issue cos most times they base their decisions solely on your credit information and ability to repay your past credit obligations. But anyways dont loose hope on that one, you might just be surprised how it turns out. Sending some good luck ya way and let us know how it eventually goes.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.