Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Exec Office Success - Best Buy Reward Zone MC

tag
JWatson0405
Contributor

Cap1 Exec Office Success - Best Buy Reward Zone MC

Hi All,

I wanted to share this with everyone as it was a direct result of some information I gained from these forums!  I have had a BBRZ MC for a few years now, I think I opened it some time in 2010, and for that whole time it sat at a $300 limit.  I had requested CLI a few times, and they would/could only offer a paltry $200 increase.  Because I have a few cards with significantly higher limits I decided to give them one more chance to give me a decent limit (through the standard customer service) or I was going to close the account.  When they came back with the same $200 increase, I told them to close the account.

After looking through the forums some more and hearing of all the success with the executive office I decided to send them an email.  I was contacted the next by a representative from the EO and asked to give the guy a call.  After a short phone call (and approval for them to pull my credit), I found out a few days later that they reopened my account and increased my credit limit to $2000, matching my lowest CL.  I'm actually happy with the CL, I don't use the account very often, but I can at least take advantage of the 0% interest offers they have for purchases at Best Buy.

Thought I'd share a positive experience!

Starting Score: EQ-484(10/10/2011) TU-533(10/10/2011)
Current Score: EQ-701(1/18/2013) TU-735(1/20/2013)
Goal Score: 750s!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
negg
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap1 Exec Office Success - Best Buy Reward Zone MC

Never understood the reasoning behind $300/$500 limits for best buy. We go to best buy to buy TV and the kind, they offer 0% int but yet I only have a $300 limit. Makes no sense at all.

Anyhow congrats at least you can buy tv that's bigger then 19" now.
CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 2 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

@JWatson0405 wrote:

Hi All,

I wanted to share this with everyone as it was a direct result of some information I gained from these forums!  I have had a BBRZ MC for a few years now, I think I opened it some time in 2010, and for that whole time it sat at a $300 limit.  I had requested CLI a few times, and they would/could only offer a paltry $200 increase.  Because I have a few cards with significantly higher limits I decided to give them one more chance to give me a decent limit (through the standard customer service) or I was going to close the account.  When they came back with the same $200 increase, I told them to close the account.

After looking through the forums some more and hearing of all the success with the executive office I decided to send them an email.  I was contacted the next by a representative from the EO and asked to give the guy a call.  After a short phone call (and approval for them to pull my credit), I found out a few days later that they reopened my account and increased my credit limit to $2000, matching my lowest CL.  I'm actually happy with the CL, I don't use the account very often, but I can at least take advantage of the 0% interest offers they have for purchases at Best Buy.

Thought I'd share a positive experience!

Congrats nice bump

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 5
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Congrats! That is very nice!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 5
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Congrats!!  Their EO is awesome!!

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.