Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Gift Credit, Yes Sireee Bob

tag
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Cap1 Gift Credit, Yes Sireee Bob

I recently posted about receving more offers when you've sock-drawered your bank's card.  Well, today I called Cap1 regarding another offer I'd received, but it wasn't all that I expected, so I passed... but before I hung up the phone, the super-duper-extra-nice lady (laying it on kinda thick) in Escalations tried to encourage me to use my card more often and they really missed the heavy usage and outstanding payments that quickly posted on my account (now, THEY laid it on kinda thick... if only you can see the look on my face at this moment - hahaha).   

Anyways, she went on to say for being an excellent and patient customer she's sending out what's called a Gift Credit of $50.  My account has been paid in full for a long while and I wasn't looking for any CLI -- don't need it, but I was told even if I didn't use my account for 90-days, a check will be issued by mail for the credit balance... meaning, it's free money -- ergo, Gift! 

I searched this forum and internet and still never heard of any Gift Credit from Capital One.  I even called Escalations 3 more times to check the odds of anyone knowing what I'm talking about.  2 out of 3 actually confirmed it exists.  It's not much and not something I was expecting but has anyone here heard of it or reaped the benefits of a Gift Credit from Capital One?

UPDATE:  I just checked my account online to see:

Detailed Information
Transaction Date:February 14, 2011

Posted Date:February 14, 2011
Transaction Description:MISC FEE ADJUSTMENT
Charge:($50.00)
Category:Other
Merchant Information:MISC FEE ADJUSTMENT
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
kwoods1
Valued Member

Re: Cap1 Gift Credit, Yes Sireee Bob

@JayRizzo wrote:

I recently posted about receving more offers when you've sock-drawered your bank's card.  Well, today I called Cap1 regarding another offer I'd received, but it wasn't all that I expected, so I passed... but before I hung up the phone, the super-duper-extra-nice lady (laying it on kinda thick) in Escalations tried to encourage me to use my card more often and they really missed the heavy usage and outstanding payments that quickly posted on my account (now, THEY laid it on kinda thick... if only you can see the look on my face at this moment - hahaha).   

Anyways, she went on to say for being an excellent and patient customer she's sending out what's called a Gift Credit of $50.  My account has been paid in full for a long while and I wasn't looking for any CLI -- don't need it, but I was told even if I didn't use my account for 90-days, a check will be issued by mail for the credit balance... meaning, it's free money -- ergo, Gift! 

I searched this forum and internet and still never heard of any Gift Credit from Capital One.  I even called Escalations 3 more times to check the odds of anyone knowing what I'm talking about.  2 out of 3 actually confirmed it exists.  It's not much and not something I was expecting but has anyone here heard of it or reaped the benefits of a Gift Credit from Capital One?

UPDATE:  I just checked my account online to see:

Detailed Information
Transaction Date:February 14, 2011

Posted Date:February 14, 2011
Transaction Description:MISC FEE ADJUSTMENT
Charge:($50.00)
Category:Other
Merchant Information:MISC FEE ADJUSTMENT

I've never had this happen for me, but kudos to you!  It's always nice when the company is catering to you rather than the other way around!  Congratulations!

Starting Score: 690 - EQ, 771 - TU
Current Score: 690 - EQ, 771 - TU
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3 bureaus

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Yeah, it's almost like a Love/Hate relationship hahaha.  If I ignore them, then they send gifts but if I use my card often and call them for requests... then, they ignore ME.  Ain't that somethin'???   Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 6
kwoods1
Valued Member

@JayRizzo wrote:

Yeah, it's almost like a Love/Hate relationship hahaha.  If I ignore them, then they send gifts but if I use my card often and call them for requests... then, they ignore ME.  Ain't that somethin'???   Smiley Very Happy

Yes, they want you to be their Valentine.  So instead of flowers, they figured a money "gift" would be the ticket.  Awww, I can feel the love.Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: 690 - EQ, 771 - TU
Current Score: 690 - EQ, 771 - TU
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3 bureaus

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
vish1
Valued Contributor

@kwoods1 wrote:

@JayRizzo wrote:

Yes, they want you to be their Valentine.  So instead of flowers, they figured a money "gift" would be the ticket.  Awww, I can feel the love.Smiley Tongue

I wish I had the same love. I dont mind all card companies giving me love and a lot of it...

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

In order to use it, I would think that you'd have to pull out your card, blow off the dust, and go buy something.

And unless you're able to find something that with tax comes out to precisely $50.00, you'll wind up having to pay them something again. Interesting!

btw, thanks for the best thread title I've seen in a good long while.  Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.