Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Mid cycle update

tag
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

Cap1 Mid cycle update

I tried all the backdoor numbers on the list and I got a no from each of them to update to CRA'S, does the update address still work and force them to update or should I dispute with CRA for not the right amount showing?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ACG23
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap1 Mid cycle update

@FLAJenn wrote:

I tried all the backdoor numbers on the list and I got a no from each of them to update to CRA'S, does the update address still work and force them to update or should I dispute with CRA for not the right amount showing?

Bumping to add my own experience. The address "trick" doesn't work, even if Capital One has your address wrong in some minor way. In my case, they listed my apartment number as "address line 1," and my street address as "address line 2." Even if I wasn't trying to force a balance update, this would bother me! So I tried to correct it, but to no avail. It seems that Capital One has a preferred address format, and if it senses that you're adding no information, and just correcting formatting, it'll reject the correction overnight, and therefore, no update is sent to the CRAs. 

Presumably you could "update address" with incorrect information.... but that seems quite ill-advised. I'm not going to risk it. 

Further, the CRA's at the senior account management center told me they can't do mid-cycle, but that they've recently updated their policy, so that updates post the 2nd to 3d day after your statement closes. That's helpful to know, but not in the short term. Ah well!

Gardening since May 2015
Starting Score: 585
Current Score: 770 EX
Goal Score: 790

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.