Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 PC offered to me via chat what do you think

tag
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap1 PC offered to me via chat what do you think

If you plan to keep the card in the long term (i.e. long enough to get the annual bonuses), it makes more sense to get the Cash Rewards version. No forex on that one either, so still good for travel.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 11 of 15
zyzzus
Established Contributor

@sengpatt wrote:

If you plan to keep the card in the long term (i.e. long enough to get the annual bonuses), it makes more sense to get the Cash Rewards version. No forex on that one either, so still good for travel.

I'd like to keep the card.  No reason to close it.  Cap1 seems to be becomming more flexible in reagards to CL and PC's.

I thought the cashback card would be a better rewards card just wanted to make sure though.

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 12 of 15
martinkk
Contributor

+1. I agree. I also recently had my card PC'd from VentureOne to Cash Rewards for the additional .25%.

Message 13 of 15
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Ventureone redeems for travel at 1.25 back, but can only be used if you have enough miles for the entire purchase (exception being if you buy 2 airline tickets, you can pay for 1 with miles and other normally.) if you stay at a hotel multiple days, you can only pay with miles if you have enough for the entire hotel bill, not on a daily basis. Redemption for cash back is a lower value (usually 50%,so 0.75% cash back)

Cash rewards earns 1% with a 50% annual bonus, and you can redeem no matter what rewards balance you have.
Message 14 of 15
bs6054
Valued Contributor

But remember that the card is hardly going to be used!  In the US, the Fidelity and Priceline will give 2% anyway, so this is just for foreign travel.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.