Reply
Established Contributor
zyzzus
Posts: 539
Registered: ‎10-22-2012
0

Cap1 PC offered to me via chat what do you think

I currently have a card with them that earns 1% cash back on all purchases 2% on gas and groceries.  I have to cards that earn 2% on everything so I felt that this was a little redundant and asked about a PC option on my account.  The analyst said " There offers on your account to Venture One card where you will earn 1.25 miles per dollar on all net purchases with no Annual Membership Fee within approximately 7-10 business days."

 

Do you all think that is worth the PC?

 

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,000 (Thanks Cap1 Executive Office <3) | Chase Freedom - $7,100 | Chase Amazon -$1,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 (I know what an odd limit) | Fidelity Amex -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000 | Walmart $15,000 | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $7,500 | Amex EveryDay - $10,000  | Citi DoubleCash - $15,000

Valued Contributor
bs6054
Posts: 1,673
Registered: ‎11-11-2012
0

Re: Cap1 PC offered to me via chat what do you think

[ Edited ]

zyzzus wrote:

I currently have a card with them that earns 1% cash back on all purchases 2% on gas and groceries.  I have to cards that earn 2% on everything so I felt that this was a little redundant and asked about a PC option on my account.  The analyst said " There offers on your account to Venture One card where you will earn 1.25 miles per dollar on all net purchases with no Annual Membership Fee within approximately 7-10 business days."

 

Do you all think that is worth the PC?

 


Given you have Priceline and Fidelity, the only time it would make sense to use the Venture One is internationally, as it has no Forex.  Then you would earn an extra .25% on purchases than your current card, with the possible exception of gas and groceries (if that is also 2% outside the US).  So, if you do that a lot, worth the PC, otherwise don't see a gain.

 

Edit: But equally your current card has no value at all over Fidelity/Priceline (except Forex), so I guess it is worth the PC even if you don't currently travel, because one day that might change.

Established Contributor
zyzzus
Posts: 539
Registered: ‎10-22-2012
0

Re: Cap1 PC offered to me via chat what do you think

[ Edited ]

bs6054 wrote:

zyzzus wrote:

I currently have a card with them that earns 1% cash back on all purchases 2% on gas and groceries.  I have to cards that earn 2% on everything so I felt that this was a little redundant and asked about a PC option on my account.  The analyst said " There offers on your account to Venture One card where you will earn 1.25 miles per dollar on all net purchases with no Annual Membership Fee within approximately 7-10 business days."

 

Do you all think that is worth the PC?

 


Given you have Priceline and Fidelity, the only time it would make sense to use the Venture One is internationally, as it has no Forex.  Then you would earn an extra .25% on purchases than your current card, with the possible exception of gas and groceries (if that is also 2% outside the US).  So, if you do that a lot, worth the PC, otherwise don't see a gain.

 

Edit: But equally your current card has no value at all over Fidelity/Priceline (except Forex), so I guess it is worth the PC even if you don't currently travel, because one day that might change.


I am feeling the same way as this last statement.  I don't travel now but it would be nice to have a travel card for sure.

 

edit: I just noticed that this was a Visa SIGNATURE card with my limit only being 3,000 I assume I would get a CLI to boot.  I am trying to get this accomplished now with another agent.

 

 

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,000 (Thanks Cap1 Executive Office <3) | Chase Freedom - $7,100 | Chase Amazon -$1,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 (I know what an odd limit) | Fidelity Amex -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000 | Walmart $15,000 | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $7,500 | Amex EveryDay - $10,000  | Citi DoubleCash - $15,000

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,523
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Cap1 PC offered to me via chat what do you think

Good luck

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13


Established Contributor
zyzzus
Posts: 539
Registered: ‎10-22-2012
0

Re: Cap1 PC offered to me via chat what do you think


myjourney wrote:

Good luck


I've made it to a second agent that would really be able to accomplish the request.  She is reviewing the chat history between the first agent and I.

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,000 (Thanks Cap1 Executive Office <3) | Chase Freedom - $7,100 | Chase Amazon -$1,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 (I know what an odd limit) | Fidelity Amex -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000 | Walmart $15,000 | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $7,500 | Amex EveryDay - $10,000  | Citi DoubleCash - $15,000

Established Contributor
zyzzus
Posts: 539
Registered: ‎10-22-2012
0

Re: Cap1 PC offered to me via chat what do you think

Second analyst said that only the rewardds on my card would change mirroring the VentureOne card however it would remain a mastercard and the CL would remain the same.  I took the offer I find this more valuable to have a travel card available to me.

 

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,000 (Thanks Cap1 Executive Office <3) | Chase Freedom - $7,100 | Chase Amazon -$1,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 (I know what an odd limit) | Fidelity Amex -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000 | Walmart $15,000 | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $7,500 | Amex EveryDay - $10,000  | Citi DoubleCash - $15,000

Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 25,511
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Cap1 PC offered to me via chat what do you think

Established Contributor
zyzzus
Posts: 539
Registered: ‎10-22-2012
0

Re: Cap1 PC offered to me via chat what do you think


09Lexie wrote:
Congrats.

Well now they also offered the card with 1% cash back and the 50% bonus on top of that at the end of the year.... I am thinking ill just take the venture though.

 

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,000 (Thanks Cap1 Executive Office <3) | Chase Freedom - $7,100 | Chase Amazon -$1,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 (I know what an odd limit) | Fidelity Amex -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000 | Walmart $15,000 | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $7,500 | Amex EveryDay - $10,000  | Citi DoubleCash - $15,000

Regular Contributor
sengpatt
Posts: 223
Registered: ‎12-08-2012
0

Re: Cap1 PC offered to me via chat what do you think

You could be really ambitious and see if they will offer you the normal, 2% Venture.
EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Established Contributor
zyzzus
Posts: 539
Registered: ‎10-22-2012
0

Re: Cap1 PC offered to me via chat what do you think


sengpatt wrote:
You could be really ambitious and see if they will offer you the normal, 2% Venture.

2% Venture was not an option.  I didn't take the plunge to either offer.

 

Can I get some feedback between the Cashback 1% with 50% bonus versus the VentureOne (1.25 miles)?  I amthinking that the cashback is .25 better?  Thanks guys.

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,000 (Thanks Cap1 Executive Office <3) | Chase Freedom - $7,100 | Chase Amazon -$1,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 (I know what an odd limit) | Fidelity Amex -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000 | Walmart $15,000 | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $7,500 | Amex EveryDay - $10,000  | Citi DoubleCash - $15,000


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+