Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Plat to Venture 2 PC Success!

tag
Madman94044
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap1 Plat to Venture 2 PC Success!

Congrats on the PC! Seems like Cap1 is becoming more flexible with PC, I'll try for the same after 6 mo.
Staring Score:EQ 649 TU 647 EX 644
Current Score: EQ 786 TU 699 EX 746
Goal Score: 800
Wallet: SF Fire CU $5000 CL Chase Freedom 4000 CL, Chase MP $5000, WellsFargo $6000 CL, Amex Gold NPSL, Cap1 CashRewards $2500 CL, Amex BCP $12000 Discover More $1200 CSP 18000
Message 11 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I would call up and ask them to give you the platinum's AF. 

When I got my PC

-begin copy/paste-

Faye: "Yes, your account number will remain the same and every thing else will also remain the same except that you will earn cash back on every purchase."

I assume this would be the same for you except with miles. 

Message 12 of 19
starboundphoenix
Valued Member

For my own part, I am happy with $5K for now. It's my oldest open CC with the exception of my $8.7K limit Military Star card (more of a store card), so I want to hold onto it regardless. Especially since NFCU gave me $10K initially on their Flagship, I am not worried that I can get good the kind of high limit prime cards I want in the future when my inqs are down and my score has come up some more.

Starting Score: EX: 652 FICO | TU: ??? FICO | EQ ??? FICO
Current Score: EX: 760 FICO | TU: 737 FICO | EQ: 754 FICO
Goal Score:      EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
Venture, BCP, Zync, USAA AMEX, Freedom, Forward, NFCU Flagship, Discover, Barclay, Mil Star, United Explorer

Message 13 of 19
starboundphoenix
Valued Member

This has been an interesting progression to watch. So far online, I have seen that I am enrolled in the no hassle rewards program (2pts/$1) and that my card has changed from the Plat to a World MasterCard. I am curious to see what comes in the mail. The World MC is definitely not the Venture Visa Signature. I already have a Visa Sig so not a huge deal, but if I do indeed get the World MC that is NOT what the CSR told me would happen. I think if that ends up being the case I should ask for a refund on the new $59 AF.

This story seems similar to another I have seen on here before.

Venture, BCP, Zync, USAA AMEX, Freedom, Forward, NFCU Flagship, Discover, Barclay, Mil Star, United Explorer

Message 14 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Doesn't the Venture that get 2pts per dollar have an AF v. the 1.25 per dollar, whcih does not have an AF?

Wish I could get a CLI on C1. UGH

I did get a product change from a reg Platinum to a No Hassle Cash in Nov.; I get 1.25% cashback on EVERY purchase, but still stuck at $1,300 with C1. No AF here either!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 19
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@starboundphoenix wrote:

This has been an interesting progression to watch. So far online, I have seen that I am enrolled in the no hassle rewards program (2pts/$1) and that my card has changed from the Plat to a World MasterCard. I am curious to see what comes in the mail. The World MC is definitely not the Venture Visa Signature. I already have a Visa Sig so not a huge deal, but if I do indeed get the World MC that is NOT what the CSR told me would happen. I think if that ends up being the case I should ask for a refund on the new $59 AF.

This story seems similar to another I have seen on here before.

I'd guess they would switch to visa sig upon request.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 16 of 19
starboundphoenix
Valued Member

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Doesn't the Venture that get 2pts per dollar have an AF v. the 1.25 per dollar, whcih does not have an AF?

Yes. I got upgraded to the Venture Rewards. 2 pts/$1. Agreed to annual fee of $59. That's why I am saying I am confused as to why I seem to only be getting a program upgrade and not the actual card.

Message 17 of 19
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

congrats thats a nice PC!

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 18 of 19
starboundphoenix
Valued Member

@iMacDrew wrote:

congrats thats a nice PC!

Cap1 has been pretty good to me the last few weeks. A GW adjustment and then an immediate PC. Can't complain too much.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.