Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Platinum PC to QS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 Platinum PC to QS

After the advice on this forum I applied and was accepted for the Cap1 Platinum on 3/8/16 and the QS on 3/10/16. Next step was to PC my platinum. Received my first statement on 3/18/16, so I called today and requested a PC on the Platinum to the no AF QS. Had a nice chat with the lady and she switched it over right then! So in all, it took me 10 days to get into a card that I did not qualify for!

However, while speaking with her there is no rate change, only the added rewards structure. So is this truly a prime card? Or is this just a sub prime card with a decent rewards program?
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 Platinum PC to QS

The QS with no annual fee or the QS1 with a 39$ annual fee?

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

The PC was to the QS with no annual fee. I asked directly if this was the QS1 and she replied no, it's the standard QS.
Message 3 of 21
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
After the advice on this forum I applied and was accepted for the Cap1 Platinum on 3/8/16 and the QS on 3/10/16. Next step was to PC my platinum. Received my first statement on 3/18/16, so I called today and requested a PC on the Platinum to the no AF QS. Had a nice chat with the lady and she switched it over right then! So in all, it took me 10 days to get into a card that I did not qualify for!

However, while speaking with her there is no rate change, only the added rewards structure. So is this truly a prime card? Or is this just a sub prime card with a decent rewards program?

Congrats on the PC. As you found out PC's do not change anything on the card except for its rewards program and perks. The Quicksilver is a pretty good "All around" daily driver card. Prime is highly subjective. You did PC to one of the best cards Capital One offers, and one of the best in it's class. So a lot of people would call that a prime card. Others clarify it by the difficulty in acquiring, limit only, apr, and on and on. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lucky! I can't seem to get my wife's card to PC. Just gotta keep trying I guess. This is probably the fastest I've heard of them pc'ing a platinum. Maybe you already qualified for the QS. 

Message 5 of 21
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The PC was to the QS with no annual fee. I asked directly if this was the QS1 and she replied no, it's the standard QS.

Congratulations on the PC. When my Platinum was converted last year, it turned up as a QS World MasterCard, with several very nice benefits included.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations and thank you for posting this. I just called and got my Platinum changed to a Quicksilver with no annual fee!
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the PC. When my Platinum was converted last year, it turned up as a QS World MasterCard, with several very nice benefits included.

Wow that's fantastic, I doubt I will get the WMC with a $2k limit. What was your limit when you PC'd, if you don't mind me asking? 

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

A sad $750 but I have a credit steps increase coming in May and hoping for $2,000.
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations and thank you for posting this. I just called and got my Platinum changed to a Quicksilver with no annual fee!

Awesome! Glad you were able to switch it over as well. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.