Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 QS CLI message need definition

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 QS CLI message need definition

My advice is to just be patient with Cap1, the card is probably still sparkly and shiny from being so new  Smiley Very Happy

I've found that patience and determination is the key with my accounts.  I have a QS1 with credit steps from mid-June.  After the first 2 statements cut, I tried - account too new.  Then a week later, tried again - credit score too low (woo hoo, it's no longer too new, there is hope).  Then I kept trying and one day, a few days before my 3rd statement cut and after a really big payment, I got a $5k increase on that card.  It's not because they love or hate me, it's just something in the computer made it available.  I know it's a YMMV so I'm glad for anything at all, knowing the ONLY thing guarenteed is my credit steps increase - that's all they promised.

Look on the bright side, it's not saying account too new, it's giving you a different message, so there is hope that you might be lucky and get one before credit steps kicks in.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Received this message:  credit limit increase is currently unavailable because Cap1 is evaluating account activity at assigned level.

No late pays.  Pay in full after statement posts. 1-5% Utilization. 3rd month statement October 7th.

Heavy to moderate use with micropayments. Credit score has risen since application.

This is a PC'd Platinum to QS with no AF (awesome and thank you myFico)

Definition?

How long have you had this card? Less than 3 months. I think you should wait until you've had the card 6 months before requesting another CLI. Patience is paramount when trying to build an excellent credit profile. It's not going to happen over night. Best of luck!

Message 12 of 19
Pway
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Pway wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Received this message:  credit limit increase is currently unavailable because Cap1 is evaluating account activity at assigned level.

No late pays.  Pay in full after statement posts. 1-5% Utilization. 3rd month statement October 7th.

Heavy to moderate use with micropayments. Credit score has risen since application.

This is a PC'd Platinum to QS with no AF (awesome and thank you myFico)

Definition?

How long ago did you PC this card from Platinum to QS?

Specific date, I can't remember, but very recently.  As in last few wks.  Perhaps the reasoning for this reply.  I post because I can't find nor decript their response.

I believe Pizza1 said that combining cards with Capital One, they consider it a CLI as well.  Give it some more time.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It means: Show us you can max your card out statement to statement so we can justify an increase. 😉
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It means: Show us you can max your card out statement to statement so we can justify an increase.😉

I charged $1.90 today at Starbucks in spite.  My ego was satisfied. Hashtag Passive Aggressive Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

wth did you buy at starbucks for only $1.90...
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gift Card from Work.

Queen of Coupons. 

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you PC they should have told you (as they told me) that your card would not be eligible for anything for six months. That's where that message came from. 

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

They didn't tell me that. Son of Odin. 

Meh, it's in credit steps. Thank you Han

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.