Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 QS MC now VS? Combined MC to Visa?

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Cap1 QS MC now VS? Combined MC to Visa?

It just dawned on me that when I combined my QS1 MC to my Venture VS last week. I thought they didn't do MC to Visa, vice versa. I was answering another thread and went to Cap1's credit card site. The QS is now shown as a VS. No MC version. The QS1 is still a MC. Thats new to me. My QS is MC which I've had for a while. Change of products and rules? https://goo.gl/o1z9Ka

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 QS MC now VS? Combined MC to Visa?

Now that you mention it, I had a Cap1 visa product that I rolled into my QS1 Mastercard...

My guess is that you can move credit limits, but not PC between the two.  I do know or a fact they won't move credit limits from co-branded cards to a MC or Visa...

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 2 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Maybe when I upgraded the old Plat to QS they kept it MC. Always read, or misunderstood. Cross combining CL from MC to Visa, Visa to MC either way they didn't/couldn't do it. As you can see below. Closed/combined QS1 MC to Venture VS. Hmmmmm

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I know, you can combine cards regardless of network (as long as it's not a partner card like the Buypower card or the Sony card, that sort of thing), but you can't change a card's network, so if you PC a Plat or QS1 into a QS it'll remain a MasterCard, but if you apply directly for a QS it's a Visa.

Message 4 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

As far as I know, you can combine cards regardless of network (as long as it's not a partner card like the Buypower card or the Sony card, that sort of thing), but you can't change a card's network, so if you PC a Plat or QS1 into a QS it'll remain a MasterCard, but if you apply directly for a QS it's a Visa.

+1

There's no problem at all combining/moving a credit line from a MasterCard to a Visa (or vice versa)... I've actually had the option to do this since they first started allowing cards to be combined last summer.

As far as I know, though, you still can't change networks of an existing account... at least at this time.  You also can't combine co-branded accounts (again, at least at this time).  This includes PlayStation, Sony, GM BuyPower, etc.

The original post doesn't mention this, but I'll also share that if you PC a QS1 MasterCard to a 'regular' QS, it stays a MasterCard... this is how some people (like myself) have a Quicksilver MasterCard yet there's never been an application available for it.  (Note that there's now a link to a QS WEMC on Credit Karma, but there's still no public link to a 'regular' QS MasterCard, at least that I'm aware of.)

Message 5 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

There's no problem at all combining/moving a credit line from a MasterCard to a Visa (or vice versa)... I've actually had the option to do this since they first started allowing cards to be combined last summer.

As far as I know, though, you still can't change networks of an existing account... at least at this time.  You also can't combine co-branded accounts (again, at least at this time).  This includes PlayStation, Sony, GM BuyPower, etc.

The original post doesn't mention this, but I'll also share that if you PC a QS1 MasterCard to a 'regular' QS, it stays a MasterCard... this is how some people (like myself) have a Quicksilver MasterCard yet there's never been an application available for it.  (Note that there's now a link to a QS WEMC on Credit Karma, but there's still no public link to a 'regular' QS MasterCard, at least that I'm aware of.)

Gotcha. I was under the impression you could only do a MC to MC and Visa to Visa only. Combining MC to Visa, ect wasn't allowed. But it went through the other day. Possibly a brain fart on my part. D'Oh. Well no question is to dumb to ask when it comes to this credit game. Thanks! And yes my new QS WEMC just came in the mail today which I apllied for on another site, knowing Cap1 doesn't have it listed. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.