Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 QuickSilver ---- new account vs PC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 QuickSilver ---- new account vs PC

I changed my wife's Cap1 Platinum MasterCard to QS. The card arrived today. It is  not a WEMC. just FYI her CL is $4.3K

I applied for QS 2 months ago and they approved me for only $1K and my card came as a WEMC

Is it usual for PC?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Cap1 QuickSilver ---- new account vs PC

@Anonymous wrote:

I changed my wife's Cap1 Platinum MasterCard to QS. The card arrived today. It is  not a WEMC. just FYI her CL is $4.3K

I applied for QS 2 months ago and they approved me for only $1K and my card came as a WEMC

Is it usual for PC?

When you do a PC, the card will retain its original network "status". So if it was a Platinum Mastercard it stays that way. Platinum Visa it stays that way. etc.

Take comfort in the fact that very few people use the WEMC benefits anyway, so it really isn't a big deal.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
Take comfort in the fact that very few people use the WEMC benefits anyway, so it really isn't a big deal.

I totally aggree with this. I really don't care if it is MC or WEMC. I was just curious.

Thanks for your answer

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it usual for PC?

When you do a PC, the card will retain its original network "status". So if it was a Platinum Mastercard it stays that way. Platinum Visa it stays that way. etc.

So if I were to get a Journey card and PC to QSR it'd stay Visa and not become VS?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just pc'd my Journey (CL 13,500) to a QS and it came as a VS. I've heard the CL has to be over 5,000, but not sure.
Message 5 of 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it usual for PC?

So if I were to get a Journey card and PC to QSR it'd stay Visa and not become VS?

Correct. Capital One will occasionally upgrade one's network tier on their own, but if you initiate a PC, the network and tier will stay exactly the same, regardless of the product's "usual" tier if you were to apply for it

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.