Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Quicksilver Vs Quicksilver 1?

tag
SSPA87
Regular Contributor

Cap1 Quicksilver Vs Quicksilver 1?

I just prequal for Cap 1 Quicksilver & Quicksilver 1. I jumped on the Quicksilver 1 since it offered 1.5% Cashback where the Quicksilver did not. But now I'm reading that the QS1 is sub-prime? Should I call tomorrow and try to switch it to the QS? 

Starting Scores: EQ (MyFico): 561 TU (MyFico): 579 - 2/15/13
Rebuilding Scores: EQ (MyFico): 597 (6/11/13) TU (MyFico): 606 (6/12/13)
Current Scores: EQ : 665 TU : 649 EX : 704

Cards: SDFCU $250 | Cap1 Secured $750 | Victorias Secret $500 | Amex BCE $4k | Chase FU $2k | Cap1 QS $1k | PenFed Promise $3.5k | Wayfair $1k | Care Credit $1k
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Cap1 Quicksilver Vs Quicksilver 1?

Quick silvers are basically the same card expect quick silver visa has lower apr's available, and no annual fee. They both offer 1.5% cash back. Qs1 is a rebuilder card while QS is more of a prime card, although their credit standards are not hard to loop yourself into. They won't change the application but you should be able to get the annual fee wavied after 6-12 months of history with them.
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

The QS1 is a sub prime card. It's for building your credit. And also comes with an annual fee.

QS1 offers 1.5 with no fee. Yes. I would try calling for the qs
Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SSPA87 wrote:

I just prequal for Cap 1 Quicksilver & Quicksilver 1. I jumped on the Quicksilver 1 since it offered 1.5% Cashback where the Quicksilver did not. But now I'm reading that the QS1 is sub-prime? Should I call tomorrow and try to switch it to the QS? 

Both Quicksilver & Quicksilver One have 1.5% cash back. The Quicksilver One has an annual fee, whereas the regular Quicksilver does not. So the regular Quicksilver is a better card.

Message 4 of 27
SSPA87
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone! Just has slight panic. *scampering back to the garden*

Starting Scores: EQ (MyFico): 561 TU (MyFico): 579 - 2/15/13
Rebuilding Scores: EQ (MyFico): 597 (6/11/13) TU (MyFico): 606 (6/12/13)
Current Scores: EQ : 665 TU : 649 EX : 704

Cards: SDFCU $250 | Cap1 Secured $750 | Victorias Secret $500 | Amex BCE $4k | Chase FU $2k | Cap1 QS $1k | PenFed Promise $3.5k | Wayfair $1k | Care Credit $1k
Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SSPA87 wrote:

there must have been some kind of misunderstanding... the quicksilver and quicksilver one both offer 1.5%

Message 6 of 27
_NERD
Established Contributor

@ddemari Super Contributor:

I've had my QS1 for about 10 months. The QS1 can have the AF waived?

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 7 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Before I was eligible for an "upgrade" to a QS I had my AF completely waived once, and half of the fee waived twice.  My AF was $79.

To get the complete waiver I had to deal with retentions (I told them I wanted to close the account) but the other two times they offered the half-waiver up front, and I didn't feel like going through the motions of closing it to get the complete waiver so I accepted. 

A few people on here have managed to get a 'permanent' waiver while the account remains a QS1; I think I've only seen that twice, though.  This arrangement is arguably as good as getting upgraded to a QS.

Message 8 of 27
_NERD
Established Contributor

Uncle B, you are carpet bombing the forum with solid info tonight. Thanks so much.

I got the AF waived last year a few days after opening the account. I thought I had applied for a no AF card, but this was before I had started participating in the forum. I'll give that another shot tonight.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 9 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

They generally can't do a waiver until the AF is showing up on the statement (at least they couldn't for me), but you can try for a PC anytime. 

Keep in mind that I was told "no" over and over (the last time in December) before being told "yes" in February, so don't get discouraged if you don't get it right away.  If they don't give it to you now if it were me I would try back monthly (I was actually encouraged to do this once in a chat).  Smiley Wink

*There is an exception with the permanent waiver... since it's 'permanent' you shouldn't have to wait until the AF is actually billed, but again I've only read of a couple of folks who were able to get that, and I believe one of those went through the EO.  I would personally consider 'permanent' waivers an exception to the norm.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.