Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Quicksilver Vs. Venture One

tag
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Cap1 Quicksilver Vs. Venture One

Good Morning,

Looking for some advice from you pros. I already have a Cap1 Venture with a nice limit that I opened back in November. I have been reading all the approval threads the last two days with the insane limits Cap1 is dishing out on the Venture card. Would I be better off apping for the "Excellent Credit" Quicksilver(not the QS1), or the Venture One. It seems like all the high limits are going to the Venture cards and not the QS? Anyone can to share if they have any high limits on the QS or the Venture one. I honestly don't see the point in having two Venture cards, when I would be better off earning cash back on the QS.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 Quicksilver Vs. Venture One

There have been a few QS approvals for high dollars as well...

Message 2 of 8
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Agreed. I have seen a few, but it seems like a lot less than Venture/Venture One. Has anyone seen $10 - $30k limits on Venture One?

Message 3 of 8
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

I was originally approved for the Venture One with a CL of $10,000, which shocked me because my income isn't very high. Later I PCed to the QS, which better suits my needs and gives better rewards. My CL on the QS is now $15,000, my highest CL. (They offered the CLI. I didn't ask.)

I say go with the QS if you're going to do this. Absolutely no point in having two Venture cards.

Message 4 of 8
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Gunnar - Thank you. I do agree, no sense in having two Venture cards. Why would I want to only get close to 1/2 the points.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gunnar419 wrote:

I was originally approved for the Venture One with a CL of $10,000, which shocked me because my income isn't very high. Later I PCed to the QS, which better suits my needs and gives better rewards. My CL on the QS is now $15,000, my highest CL. (They offered the CLI. I didn't ask.)

I say go with the QS if you're going to do this. Absolutely no point in having two Venture cards.

QS is risky and generally seems to get lower approvals for most..

There are a few freak examples but until the sample size for larger QS approvals gets larger i'd definitely hold off if you care about high limits.

Message 6 of 8
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Thanks Nixon. That was a concern of mine. I suppose I will hold off until the Fico Forum slams Cap1 on their QS card!

Message 7 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I would agree that you may not get a huge limit with QS. I would wait. Generally, for the majority, QS seems to start around 3-5k. If that's not enough I'd garden more and do it later.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.