Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Rewards Miles=? Cash, Travel, Gift cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 Rewards Miles=? Cash, Travel, Gift cards

I used miles few months ago for an airline flight, simple, completely paid for with miles. On another Venture card I was purusing it's use and cash is roughly $0.50/1000 miles whereas a gift card is twice that, $1/1000 miles, which I THINK was about the same for travel.

Is that accurate? I need to use the miles before consolidationg but, want to get maximum reward benefit.

Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Cap1 Rewards Miles=? Cash, Travel, Gift cards

Travel should be 100 miles for $1

100 cents in a dollar, each point worth one cent.

1000 miles for 50 cents is 1/20th of a cent per point

1000 miles for 1 dollar is 1/10th of a cent per point. Both pretty terrible value
Message 2 of 14
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

I used up some of my miles by erasing some travel, and bought two gift cards that I will use for groceries (money I'd spend anyway.) You are correct, if you choose a statement credit, it's only worth half as much.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, it didn't make much sense. Cash or a statement credit you get half the value, hell with that!

Message 4 of 14
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Wait sorry, I am just a lil confused here, if the Venture offers 2x points per $1 spent, and a person uses it on the travel purchase erasure feature, isn't it technically still a true 2% card, at least for travel-related purchases?

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@galahad15 wrote:

Wait sorry, I am just a lil confused here, if the Venture offers 2x points per $1 spent, and a person uses it on the travel purchase erasure feature, isn't it technically still a true 2% card, at least for travel-related purchases?

So just to get it clear,

the only way to get the full 2% value is for travel purchases? Or are there any other redemption options for equal value?

Message 6 of 14
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So just to get it clear,

the only way to get the full 2% value is for travel purchases? Or are there any other redemption options for equal value?

Again sorry, I am not totally 100% sure myself, but the Cap1 card I currently have (the No Hassle Miles, which was a precursor to the Venture, and so I am assuming they operate the same way) has a feature where you can redeem the 2x points you earn for every $1 with something called the purchase eraser on their website, and I recently redeemed 2,000 points that I had accumulated at 2x points per dollar,for $20.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@galahad15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So just to get it clear,

Again sorry, I am not totally 100% sure myself, but the Cap1 card I currently have (the No Hassle Miles, which was a precursor to the Venture, and so I am assuming they operate the same way) has a feature where you can redeem the 2x points you earn for every $1 with something called the purchase eraser on their website, and I recently redeemed 2,000 points that I had accumulated at 2x points per dollar,for $20.

Hmmm....isn't that the same as statement credit though, except you're only applying it to purchases?...

Message 8 of 14
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Monoglot wrote:

Hmmm....isn't that the same as statement credit though, except you're only applying it to purchases?...

As far as I am aware, statement credits redeemed for the travel purchase eraser feature offer a better percentage value than miles redeemed straight for statement credit only.  Also, apparently you can redeem for statement credit form travel points for less total miles required than with a true non-travel statement credit?

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Travel purchase eraser?

Or

the general purchase eraser?

They are two different things...

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.