Did you mean: 

Cap1 Secured - New Policy

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Cap1 Secured - New Policy

@Anonymous wrote:

@jace8602 wrote:

We all know about the secured cards getting CLI's now with the new program. However secured cards combination never has been YMMV since they have never been able to be combined. I guess we will see what happens. It would be great for those with secured cards.

Yea. I agree. The reason I say YMMV is because I was tol this morning that I would be able to combine mine with my QS1. However, I called, and they said that they aren't eligible to be combined. I don't know what to believe. Guess we'll see in May.

Thanks!

If they are overseas reps, they are wrong.  Cap one does not pay for the type of training like amex does.  If you call, and get US reps (call the rewards number, or ask to be transferred), then you get accurate info.  NEVER GO OFF FOREIGN CHAT REPS, unfortunately, due to lack of training, and lack of knowledge US credit laws.  Some companies are exceptions. For instance, can not rely on Chat for comcast, but told to call US reps to fix problems.

Signature needs updating
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So after stumbling upon this thread I gave cap1 a call.

I have a qs1 account with recent CLI's that I opened AFTER my original secured platinum. My credit profile has improved substanially since the secured card so i figured I ought to close it. I have the QS1, Kohls cap one, and GM buypower cap one. Always reading the rule of "only two sub-prime credit capital one accounts open at the same time" the american rep i spoke with just now says shes seen many instances of 7-8 open credit accounts and said very firmly secured account combinations are not going to happen its just a rumor floating around. She then went on to say shes checked with various departments today and they confirmed this is not true. I of course dont know what to believe. But too darn late anyhow i closed the secured account the other day.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So after stumbling upon this thread I gave cap1 a call.

I have a qs1 account with recent CLI's that I opened AFTER my original secured platinum. My credit profile has improved substanially since the secured card so i figured I ought to close it. I have the QS1, Kohls cap one, and GM buypower cap one. Always reading the rule of "only two sub-prime credit capital one accounts open at the same time" the american rep i spoke with just now says shes seen many instances of 7-8 open credit accounts and said very firmly secured account combinations are not going to happen its just a rumor floating around. She then went on to say shes checked with various departments today and they confirmed this is not true. I of course dont know what to believe. But too darn late anyhow i closed the secured account the other day.

That's good to get relatively firm information. The rep that I spoke with on chat said YES, when I called, I was told NO, chat rep last night said NO. I also called again last night, received another NO. At this point it does appear that NO is the firm answer. It's really upsetting to have received innaccurate information in the beginning (and I'm not the only one).

Thanks all!

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it only makes sense, If you have a deposit with then, the last thing they want to do is deal with losing track of it. so it makes it very simple to just allow only 1 deposit and when your ready close the account.

I would think they would allow graduation at some point, but maybe they found it more valuable to keep the deposits until closed by customer.

Message 14 of 15
ryox03
Regular Contributor

I still have the link for deposits on my account but this is exactly why I have been holding out on cancelling my secured account.

$1,000 Amex ED, Amex PRG- NPSL,$5,000 Quicksilver Visa, $3750 CO Quicksilver One, $3,300 BarclayCard Rewards,$2000 Paypal Credit, $3500 Walmart, $1700 Target. $5000 Kay Jewlers, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $1,600 Discover IT

652 EQ 661 TU 650 EX 4/19/2016
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.