Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Secured - New Policy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 Secured - New Policy

So, they dropped the secured deposits this weekend.

I had a $300 start CL. I logged in this morning, and without requesting, I now have a $600 CL. This card is 6 months old, good usage and always PIF.

Wondering if anyone else saw the same/similar?

I'll be combining this with my QS1 after closing on my house.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 Secured - New Policy

Mine still has the make a deposit link below total credit line amount. 

I really hope they do allow secured card account combos or at least PC 

Message 2 of 15
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a $300 start CL. I logged in this morning, and without requesting, I now have a $600 CL. This card is 6 months old, good usage and always PIF.

Thanks!

Is your card a secured card? If so, unfortunately you can't combine secured/partner cards with unsecured cards.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jace8602 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

Is your card a secured card? If so, unfortunately you can't combine secured/partner cards with unsecured cards.

It is secured, however, according to CSRs, I will now be able to combine this card with a non-secured card. Both accounts/cards have to meet certain criteria (usage, length, etc), but they can be combined now.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine still has the make a deposit link below total credit line amount. 

I really hope they do allow secured card account combos or at least PC 

According to CSRs, they will be allowing combos. I'm not sure about PC though. I'm also not sure if the deposit will be held, or refunded either. I do know you can combine though.

Message 5 of 15
jacetx
Valued Contributor

I would call and verify that information. I just chatted with a CSR and this was their anwer.

combi.jpg

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well worst case is they make no serious change to secured cards other then no more deposits, and in that case I will close the card on my next statement date so that in a few months I can get the QS1, the secured card has been stopping me from getting the subprime qs1 because I have 2 cards with cap one

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jace8602 wrote:

I would call and verify that information. I just chatted with a CSR and this was their anwer.

combi.jpg

You should ask for a different rep.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Future-Changes-to-the-Capital-One-Secured-Card/m-p/4394...

8th reply down.

Also, I had the conversation this morning with a CSR myself. I received an unsecure CLI, and he said I will be eligible for account combination in May. YMMV.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 15
jacetx
Valued Contributor

We all know about the secured cards getting CLI's now with the new program. However secured cards combination never has been YMMV since they have never been able to be combined. I guess we will see what happens. It would be great for those with secured cards.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jace8602 wrote:

We all know about the secured cards getting CLI's now with the new program. However secured cards combination never has been YMMV since they have never been able to be combined. I guess we will see what happens. It would be great for those with secured cards.

Yea. I agree. The reason I say YMMV is because I was tol this morning that I would be able to combine mine with my QS1. However, I called, and they said that they aren't eligible to be combined. I don't know what to believe. Guess we'll see in May.

Thanks!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.