cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Secured becoming a graduating card??

tag
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 Secured becoming a graduating card??

The chat rep was useless as usual. He just said they'd periodically check my credit worthiness and would provide CLI as they see fit. I asked if there was one available for me at this time and he continued to repeat that line. He then proceeded to tell me that there is a CLI done at 6 months of ownership on the card...I've had it nearly 4 years...why would they bother telling me this? I asked for a CLI through their system and got a 2-3 day message? Not sure but I have a feeling it's a denial. Lets see.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the same letter about CLI and future deposits. I have asked for a CLI in the past after receiving one that took me to $500. I asked for another about a month ago. I received a letter stating that I was not eligible at this time. I ended up applying for another Capital One (unsecured) card and was approved. I don't know that I'll close this secured card yet, but I'm not going to be using it. 

Message 12 of 13
itsnew
Contributor

I've had the Capital One Secured Card for 9 mos now the limit was 300 to start and is 1300 now. Since starting with Cap One Secured, I've added the Cap 1 QuickSilver started at  $500>1500 now and the Cap One Plat 500>1500 being upgraded to Quick Silver as of tonight. 

Ive also added NFCU - 2900

HSN 3000, WE Financial 500

And a few other store cards, Im not sure how long Ill keep the secured but I know it was the starting point for jump starting my credit history.

Start 11/15 - TU 560 EX 600 EQ 535

Current - TU 599 EX 648  EQ 575

Goal 650 across the board 7/2016

img align="left" border="0" width="50" height="50" src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png">Starting Score: 693
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.