cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Statement cuts tomorrow... UPDATE!!!

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Cap1 Statement cuts tomorrow... UPDATE!!!

... and I'm supposed to be getting a CLI. As I stated in an earlier thread, Cap1 approved my CS increase to go into effect a month earlier than originally scheduled.

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve, waiting to see if Santa got my letter. It may seem ridiculous for a mature adult to be feeling this way, especially over what is expected to be a fairly modest CLI. But, I've spent months working on improving my credit and it will be a real boost to my morale to see some sort of indication that creditors are viewing me in a more favorable light.  Keeping my fingers crossed...

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap1 Statement cuts tomorrow...

congrats i'm glad for you!!!!!

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 2 of 9
vish1
Valued Contributor

Don't think of CS as modest or small CLI. Think of this as a small reward for some work (afterall its just a few months).

Rest assured, bigger rewards (read prime lenders, good CLs, not-so-modest CLIs) are not too far. Keep up the good work.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 3 of 9
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@vish1 wrote:

Don't think of CS as modest or small CLI. Think of this as a small reward for some work (afterall its just a few months).

Rest assured, bigger rewards (read prime lenders, good CLs, not-so-modest CLIs) are not too far. Keep up the good work.

Actually, this is exactly how I am looking at it. I just realize that compared to others, those who have five figure CLs, this may not seem like much to get excited about. But for where I am in my stage of credit rebuilding, it is a big deal. This just shows why we have to look at each other as individuals on these boards, and acknowledge that what may be considered an insulting credit offer to one person may make another person jump for joy. Smiley Happy

Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 9
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Oooops... Cap1 statement doesn't post until tomorrow (and yes, they do update between Sat and Sun). So, I have to wait one more night!!!

Message 5 of 9
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

I just realized something... we have the same statement date!!!  Unfortunately, nothing exciting is happening on my end -- just another monthly statement gone by.  But, I hope you get your increase!!!  Keep us posted.

It's probably because I'm checking super-early while Cap1 continues to update until 8am ET, but my 03/27/2011 statement did not generate.  I'm betting the reason is because it's Sunday and I'll have to wait until tomorrow. 

Message 6 of 9
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap1 Statement cuts tomorrow... UPDATE!!!

@JayRizzo wrote:

I just realized something... we have the same statement date!!!  Unfortunately, nothing exciting is happening on my end -- just another monthly statement gone by.  But, I hope you get your increase!!!  Keep us posted.

It's probably because I'm checking super-early while Cap1 continues to update until 8am ET, but my 03/27/2011 statement did not generate.  I'm betting the reason is because it's Sunday and I'll have to wait until tomorrow. 

My statement cut, and my CLI is here!!! Smiley Very Happy

I went from 500 --> 750, which is in line with what the Credit Steps letter stated. But, the CSR that I spoke with said that it would go to 1000. Since I received the CLI a month ahead of the CS schedule, I wonder if it will go up another 250 again on my next statement, bringing it to 1000? Well, even if it doesn't, I'm still grateful for the increase. I've only been rebuilding a few months and I'm soooooo happy to see any sign of forward progress. Eventually, if I keep doing what I've been doing, I'll move out of subprime land. I want to get to the point where I have a rewards card with a decent CL so that I don't need to pay as frequently to stay under the limit. In the meantime, I still have a card that I really like because it gives me decent rewards. Smiley Happy

JayRizzo... if your statement date is the 27th, then I don't think that you'll see it until tomorrow. Are you expecting a CLI, as well? If so, I hope you get it!

Message 7 of 9
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS!!!   No, I am not due for a CLI anytime soon.  I've had my card for a long time and it went through many increases up to the $3000 maximum for this particular Rewards Card.  We just so happen to have the same Statement Date, so it will be easy to remind each other when it's time to PIF.  hahahaa

Yes, you are correct that we will not see the actual statement online until tomorrow.

Again, congratulations!!!

Message 8 of 9
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@JayRizzo wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!   No, I am not due for a CLI anytime soon.  I've had my card for a long time and it went through many increases up to the $3000 maximum for this particular Rewards Card.  We just so happen to have the same Statement Date, so it will be easy to remind each other when it's time to PIF.  hahahaa

Yes, you are correct that we will not see the actual statement online until tomorrow.

Again, congratulations!!!

Thanks!!!

How long have you had it? One of the CSRs that I spoke with informed me that my card has the potential to reach a $3000 CL. I'd love to get there someday.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.