Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Student card vs Regular card

tag
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Cap1 Student card vs Regular card

I've always assumed student cards were easier to get approved than regular cards.  With that said... anyone notice student cards on the Capital One web site doesn't ask anything about schools?  It's the same standard app for their regular cards.  I don't know any students with a Cap1 card, but wondering what's the approval rate and if the criteria is the same or different?!?  Just one of those things that make you go,  "hummmmm?!?"  Any other banks pushing student cards, but asking for no school details?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 Student card vs Regular card

You mean the Journey card? I don't know about that one, but before it came there was a Student Reward one.

I apped that one and it required me to fill out my school information. All you need for Journey card are pretty much thin file and no derog.

Message 2 of 3
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap1 Student card vs Regular card

I applied for the Capital one Journey Card  and was asked to fill in my school information..

I was approved instantly with a mediocre credit rating, But i do have excellent payment history with my other Capital one card which ive had for about a year.

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.