Reply
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Posts: 242
Registered: ‎06-07-2011
0

Re: Cap1..Unbelievable!

To the OP, hopefully your credit doesn't go down the drain for whatever reason in the future because you'll probably end up going back to them for a card and then you will end up loving them again :-). Anyway, yeah close them if you don't need them anymore. Won't be able to get much out of them from what you may already have.

Established Contributor
Posts: 913
Registered: ‎06-09-2011
0

Re: Cap1..Unbelievable!

I keep wondering why I still have my $750 Cap One card open. When I called to close it, I was told my card didn't have an annual fee for whatever reason - since it's a platinum card, the only thing the "senior" account "specialist" could figure out that I signed up under a special promo (which I guess I did since I have an invitation #).

I'm not saying my credit is fantastic, but since I already have two $14k cards and now a new $7k card.. I'm not sure why I keep that card open, even if there's no AF involved.

EQ 679 FICO (02/24/2012)
TU 721 FICO (03/10/2012)
EX 703 FICO (05/05/2012)

Cards: NFCU cashRewards $14k, NFCU Platinum $14k, USAA Amex $7k, Amazon Visa $3k, Chase Freedom $2.5k, Amex Zync NPSL, Discover More $1k, Amazon Store $1.3k, Walmart Store $700
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 451
Registered: ‎10-02-2011
0

Re: Cap1..Unbelievable!

Capital1 closed my accounts as well/3/ accounts.Always paid in full and never late for 3 years with them and they go and terminate my accounts cause i open a autoloan and 3 other credit cards with GE.Thank god i did cause capital one is never a good credit company as far as credit limits go and GE always increase every 4 months with good credit limits.Finally u and me should be glad they close our credit cards with them.Smiley Happy


COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 451
Registered: ‎10-02-2011
0

Re: Cap1..Unbelievable!

Heck yea the amex is better then capital one.Some loan officer once told  me that having a capitalone in your credit report is looking bad from prime lenders prospective.If you would like to get cli increases on your accounts close Capital1 ASAP


COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 445
Registered: ‎10-23-2010
0

Re: Cap1..Unbelievable!

I was about to close my Capital One this month. I did some thinking about why it is that they irritate me LOL.

 

Then I thought about how alot of folks here react to the way they do business.

 

I think the mindset is that after you use them as a rebuilder card and restore your credit, one feels like they should be rewarded/recognized for all the hard work it took to get yourself into prime land.

 

Sort of like a child seeking the approval from a parent...... When it does not happen, one gets peeved Smiley Very Happy

 

 

In fact all it is to them is a business model, and they follow it quite rigidly.

 

Nothing personal, it is what it is.

 

 

Still grates you though LOL Smiley Very Happy

Scores: EQ (FICO) - 730 | EX (FICO) - 722 | TU (FICO) - 713 - 06/25/2014



US Airways MC (5 K) | US Airways World MC (10 K) | Chase United Airlines Sig VISA (5K) | BOA Rewards Sig Visa (10K) Citi Dividend Plat MC (5.6K) | Discover Miles (6.6K) | AMEX BCE (7 K) | AMEX Plat Delta (11 K) | BOA PLAT (7.5K)


Valued Member
Posts: 39
Registered: ‎06-27-2012
0

Re: Cap1..Unbelievable!

Now that is interesting. I called in to the customer service line on my card and they did not hesitate to waive both of my AFs last month. I have had both cards for over two years now and have never missed or had a late payment. That was the easy part getting a CLI was some work. Eventually I got them to raise the CL both accounts,




Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 780

Established Contributor
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Cap1..Unbelievable!

well in all due honesty they were probably looking at your account history, and you guys were probably only occassionally charging a subway sandwich or something.....

 

since you guys have better cards. They should know who valuable customers are, if your only charging a subway sandwich $5 every few months your only making them about 15 cents and if they mail you a statement it costs them a lot more than that, they would want to cut their losses after all.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Established Contributor
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Cap1..Unbelievable!


LOC wrote:

Now that is interesting. I called in to the customer service line on my card and they did not hesitate to waive both of my AFs last month. I have had both cards for over two years now and have never missed or had a late payment. That was the easy part getting a CLI was some work. Eventually I got them to raise the CL both accounts,


i'm assuming since your scores probably use the card a lot more than the others comparingly


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 445
Registered: ‎10-23-2010
0

Re: Cap1..Unbelievable!


distantarray wrote:

well in all due honesty they were probably looking at your account history, and you guys were probably only occassionally charging a subway sandwich or something.....

 

since you guys have better cards. They should know who valuable customers are, if your only charging a subway sandwich $5 every few months your only making them about 15 cents and if they mail you a statement it costs them a lot more than that, they would want to cut their losses after all.


With a $500 CL it is hard to put much more then the sandwich through it LOL Smiley Very Happy

Scores: EQ (FICO) - 730 | EX (FICO) - 722 | TU (FICO) - 713 - 06/25/2014



US Airways MC (5 K) | US Airways World MC (10 K) | Chase United Airlines Sig VISA (5K) | BOA Rewards Sig Visa (10K) Citi Dividend Plat MC (5.6K) | Discover Miles (6.6K) | AMEX BCE (7 K) | AMEX Plat Delta (11 K) | BOA PLAT (7.5K)


Established Contributor
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Cap1..Unbelievable!


minimock wrote:

distantarray wrote:

well in all due honesty they were probably looking at your account history, and you guys were probably only occassionally charging a subway sandwich or something.....

 

since you guys have better cards. They should know who valuable customers are, if your only charging a subway sandwich $5 every few months your only making them about 15 cents and if they mail you a statement it costs them a lot more than that, they would want to cut their losses after all.


With a $500 CL it is hard to put much more then the sandwich through it LOL Smiley Very Happy


lol but that's a lot of sandwiches though Smiley Happy


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.