Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,128
Registered: ‎10-15-2011
0

Re: Cap1..Unbelievable!


distantarray wrote:

well in all due honesty they were probably looking at your account history, and you guys were probably only occassionally charging a subway sandwich or something.....

 

since you guys have better cards. They should know who valuable customers are, if your only charging a subway sandwich $5 every few months your only making them about 15 cents and if they mail you a statement it costs them a lot more than that, they would want to cut their losses after all.


Well for me it was the same story.  I asked to have the fee waived since they had done it in the past and they said no.  I asked for a CLI on the account and they said no.  I said close the account.  I did not always charge just a subway sandwich on the account, but I did some things to annoy them.  I would transfer the balance to my Capone account and they pay it off even before the balance was actually transferred.  I did this since they would not ever raise the credit limit.  I obviously did not need to do it to pay the balance off the other card since I paid the card immediately after anyway.  I also would charge up to 3 times my credit limit some months and pay it off before I ever went over my limit, to both prove to them that I could handle a CLI and avoid giving them an over the limit fee. 

 

I actually had to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau to get them to actually do anything with my account.  And then all they wanted to do was skirt the issue and only discuss my Household account.  Finally, I got the Household division to give me the executive complaints number for Capone and called them directly.  They removed the annual fee from my account and raised my limit 4 fold.  If you need the number check out the thread on Capital Ones Executive Office.  Or contact the BBB online, or both.

 

BTW how do you get those cards in the signature panel area?  I would like to add those to my account too!

 



Rethink every purchase you make, before you make it. Use the card with the best rewards. Pay in full each month. Redeem rewards often. Use the cards online shopping for more discounts. Smile, knowing that being thrifty allows you to actually get more out of the same amount of money!
Regular Contributor
Posts: 238
Registered: ‎10-18-2012
0

Re: Cap1..Unbelievable!

I will be in the same boat December and January when my Annual Fee hits for my Secured Cap1 and No Hassle Rewards Cap 1.  I plan to close both.  My reason's are simliar to everyone elses:  No CLI's, horrible Customer Service, and I have simply outgrown them.  Cap 1 served their purpose in giving me a chance to rebuild when no one else would....I am thankful for that as I know many are, but mission has been accomplished and it's time to move on.  They seem to want to keep you stuck in time when you no longer belong there if you've done the work, paid you dues and got back on your feet in the credit world. I don't think it's looking to be "rewarded" by execting good Customer Service.  I actually think  the reward is being able to get approved for better credit cards and move on from Cap 1.  That's reward enough.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,128
Registered: ‎10-15-2011
0

Re: Cap1..Unbelievable!


Fresh-Start wrote:

I will be in the same boat December and January when my Annual Fee hits for my Secured Cap1 and No Hassle Rewards Cap 1.  I plan to close both.  My reason's are simliar to everyone elses:  No CLI's, horrible Customer Service, and I have simply outgrown them.  Cap 1 served their purpose in giving me a chance to rebuild when no one else would....I am thankful for that as I know many are, but mission has been accomplished and it's time to move on.  They seem to want to keep you stuck in time when you no longer belong there if you've done the work, paid you dues and got back on your feet in the credit world. I don't think it's looking to be "rewarded" by execting good Customer Service.  I actually think  the reward is being able to get approved for better credit cards and move on from Cap 1.  That's reward enough.


You can always ask for the fee to be waived and also call their executive offices to have them manually review the account.  It would be wise to do so if you accounts are at least 2 years old or more.  1-800-955-1455

 



Rethink every purchase you make, before you make it. Use the card with the best rewards. Pay in full each month. Redeem rewards often. Use the cards online shopping for more discounts. Smile, knowing that being thrifty allows you to actually get more out of the same amount of money!
Established Contributor
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Cap1..Unbelievable!


bernhardtra wrote:

 

BTW how do you get those cards in the signature panel area?  I would like to add those to my account too!

 


app for them ? =) hehe jk just make a picture file, upload it somewhere and in the signiture area html code for image < img src="picture.jpg">  without the space in front of the. i


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Regular Contributor
Posts: 238
Registered: ‎10-18-2012
0

Re: Cap1..Unbelievable!


bernhardtra wrote:

Fresh-Start wrote:

I will be in the same boat December and January when my Annual Fee hits for my Secured Cap1 and No Hassle Rewards Cap 1.  I plan to close both.  My reason's are simliar to everyone elses:  No CLI's, horrible Customer Service, and I have simply outgrown them.  Cap 1 served their purpose in giving me a chance to rebuild when no one else would....I am thankful for that as I know many are, but mission has been accomplished and it's time to move on.  They seem to want to keep you stuck in time when you no longer belong there if you've done the work, paid you dues and got back on your feet in the credit world. I don't think it's looking to be "rewarded" by execting good Customer Service.  I actually think  the reward is being able to get approved for better credit cards and move on from Cap 1.  That's reward enough.


You can always ask for the fee to be waived and also call their executive offices to have them manually review the account.  It would be wise to do so if you accounts are at least 2 years old or more.  1-800-955-1455

 


My Secured Card will be two years, but the No Hassles Reward will only be one year old.  I may call on the No Hassle Reward's to give them a chance to up the cl or waive the annual fee and depending on the outcome I will take it from there.  Thanks for the number to call! I appreciate that!:smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 451
Registered: ‎10-02-2011
0

Capitalone close my account

I had the accounts 3 in total with them for 3 years and never late always paid in full better credit than 3 yrs agoo and boom accounts closed at 729 fico due to the bed debt.What bed debt i said?I cant tell you any more she said(capital one backdoor office) I said thanks for been a trash bank with predatory lending fees.


COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Established Contributor
Posts: 792
Registered: ‎08-30-2011
0

Re: Capitalone close my account

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry but predatory lending practices???  Cap one is a lot of things but if you can't read the T&C that is your problem.  They are not "predatory" though.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 451
Registered: ‎10-02-2011
0

Re: Capitalone close my account

In my opinion they are base on the fact that every credit card they open scure credit card at that, they get your deposit and make a lot of money from lending that deposit to car loans customers.In the same time they promise cli that dont take place for several years nad when they do they normally are enough just for a trip at walmart.lol Everybody need to watch out for capitalone bank for the fact that they closing alot of accounts now that the merge with the infamus hsbc bank.


COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.