Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 VS or WMC conversion

tag
Shock
Established Contributor

Cap1 VS or WMC conversion

Has anybody on here ever successfully converted from a Platinum Visa to Visa Signature or Platinum MC to WMC? 

I talked to the EO on the phone who said this was not possible whatsoever, and I would have to apply for a new product.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Shock
Established Contributor

Re: Cap1 VS or WMC conversion

bump.

anyone?

Message 2 of 14
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hey Shock!

Maybe this was a special circumstance but I was able to move my CapOne Plat to a World MC.  It was a conversion card from Orchard to a CapOne Plat then through the EO I was able to PC to the QS WMC.  I've read other threads where this has happened also.  However, it is unfortunate but if the EO won't help you to upgrade this current Plat card to another product then I have read thread after thread that recommended just apping for the new product you want.  It's unfortunate that in some cases CapOne is unwilling to budge on a upgrade of their rebuilder products.  I will say however that they have been nothing but spectacular with their premium products.  Hope you are able to get what you are looking for from the EO.  Smiley Happy

Edit:  Corrected for mistake

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 3 of 14
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

I've heard that they would upgrade accounts when a customer did a PC, and the credit line was high enough to qualify for a Visa Sig or WMC. However, I can not personally verify that.

Hope this helped! Smiley Happy

edit: spelling error

Message 4 of 14
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:
I've head that they would upgrade accounts when a customer did a PC, and the credit line was high enough to qualify for a Visa Sig or WMC. However, I can not personally verify that.

Hope this helped! Smiley Happy

Yes Yes.. this also works.  Ask for a PC of the product to another and if they will do it for you... and the CL is sufficient to qualify... they will auto give you the upgrade upon PC.  I don't know why I didn't think of this.  Smiley Happy  Good Show grinlikechelsea!  

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 5 of 14
Shock
Established Contributor

well, the EO just upped me to 4k. I guess I'm still behind the 5k. I'm thinking of putting some spend on and asking for another manual review in a couple months..by then all my new lines will be reporting..

But if i wasnt eligible, the guy could have just told me..instead of flat out saying it was not possible and I would have to apply for a new product. But you guys are telling me otherwise...ahhhh. If the EO does not know this kind of thing, I might lose faith in Cap1 altogether..

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Vs $5k

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My QS Plat MC was upgraded to WMC recently.
Message 8 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I was just bumped up to 6.5k and I'm arguing with the social media team about an upgrade. The EO told me I could ask as long as my limit was 5k and they're like "you can't ask"
Message 9 of 14
waters
Regular Contributor

A week before my 6th statement I chatted with capital one customer service online and asked if I could PC to the WEMC, I was told no but they could give me the WMC. Did it.

A month before my only option was the QS1.

I just hit 6 statements a week after the conversation.

So yes it's possible.

In other news when I got the card my sister threw it away thinking it was a cardboard fake "this could be your card" advertisement!!

I have to agree... Looks nice but feels cheap Haha
6/2014; EX:621 EQ:627 TU:640
Cards: Capital One WORLD MC (QS): $7500 | Chase Freedom $3500
Sock: Merrick Bank $600 | Barclaycard $1250 | Sportsman's guide visa $2500

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.