Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Venture/QS Cash Advance limits?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Cap1 Venture/QS Cash Advance limits?

Just got official emails about my QS/Venture approvals a few days back.. Is it normal Cap1 gives 50% of your CL to cash advance?  I was kinda surprised by this as most lenders it is 20% of your CL unless it is a CU typically.. Others I assume it is 50% as well?   I would never dream of taking a cash advance on the card as I have the ring if I ever need cash that badly at $1 fee, but surprised none the less at that generousness if you call it that

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 Venture/QS Cash Advance limits?

I think it depends on the lender. My SDFCU has the same 6.99% APR for cash advance or purchase. Only difference is cash advance has no 30 day grace period. I was surprised to see this as most low APR cards have higher APR's for cash advances. Either way, I'd never use cash advance unless it was an utter emergency (like breaking down in some strange town where they don't accept CC's and I have no cash).
Message 2 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Just got official emails about my QS/Venture approvals a few days back.. Is it normal Cap1 gives 50% of your CL to cash advance?  I was kinda surprised by this as most lenders it is 20% of your CL unless it is a CU typically.. Others I assume it is 50% as well?   I would never dream of taking a cash advance on the card as I have the ring if I ever need cash that badly at $1 fee, but surprised none the less at that generousness if you call it that

IMO they're looking out for themselves. They would love for you to take a huge cash advance at a ridiculous APR after all.

Message 3 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

IMO they're looking out for themselves. They would love for you to take a huge cash advance at a ridiculous APR after all.

Oh I agree... Just crazy they would offer me a 10k cash advance on one credit card, scary!   I use to use cash advances when I was living beyond my means year back, but don't use them anymore...  I was just shocked to see that kinda cash advance line on a CC...  I will never take a cash advance again other then on the ring and doubtful I would ever do that since I got my **bleep** in order now and PIF each month and don't live beyond my means anymore.  Vegas was my downfall years ago!  thank god I got out of living there, visting is another thing, but living there isnt good for most!

Message 4 of 19
UncleB
Credit Mentor

My Capital One QS card has a cash advance limit set to 50% of the (initial) credit line as well.  I received a CLI last week, but my cash advance limit didn't increase automatically.  I'm fairly sure if I were to call them they would change it to 50% of my new CL, but since I never get cash advances I have no intention of doing this.  The interest rate for a cash advance with Capital One isn't attractive, not to mention the initial fee for the disbursal.

My USAA Visa has a cash advance limit that is the same as the credit limit, and the interest rate is the same as purchases, but w/ no grace period.  I've used one of the 0% access checks once to get cash for a temporary need, and all it cost was the 3% fee, which I considered a bargain.  This is the *only* way I would dream of using a cash advance, and this time was truly a 'once-in-a blue-moon' event for me.

Luckily, when times get 'lean' you are able to use the credit card for nearly everything these days, even utilities.  Other than the house payment/rent and car payment most things can easily be put on plastic without having to resort to a cash advance.

Message 5 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

ok so cap1 cash advance limits are 50% of cl, thanks for the info Smiley Happy..  ya cap1 cash advances or cash advances in general are not a good idea as we all know...

Message 6 of 19
taxi818
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous 50% is for the Venture. But the Quicksilver is another animal completely. at one point my Cash Advance limit on Quicksilver was @ 80%. Screaming at me to come get some of that cash. but no thanks. hehehe. Currently It is  @ 63% of my limit. will show you Example. Had a thread on this a few months back. cashadvance.PNG

Message 7 of 19
UncleB
Credit Mentor

From what everybody is saying, it appears the key takeaway is when it comes to Capital One cash advance limits, it's strictly YMMV.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Scary!  No booze and Cap1 cards in vegas for meSmiley Happy.. Although I could win at Blackjack lol

cash1.JPG

cash2.JPG

Message 9 of 19
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I've noticed this on my WF Card too. My cash advance limit is 50% of my CL.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.