Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Venture & Venture One

tag
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Cap1 Venture & Venture One

Good Morning All,

Is it possible to have both cards at the same time? I know the Venture has better rewards than the Venture One, but they both seem to give out crazy credit lines. I have seen people post about having 2 QS cards, which prompted this thought.  If you do have both cards, how long in between your app's did you get them? Did you receive the same credit limits?

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap1 Venture & Venture One

Yes you can have both

Message 2 of 11
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have to wait 30 days in between applications? Do you know if you would receive the same limit on the 2nd card?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my case, I applied for two cards on the same day, both approved. Same CL. Same product. Every subsequent app after that was auto denial. I think two is their limit per day

Message 4 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

There is always a debate how many Cap1 cards you can have..  I have heard and personally have 2 is the max limit, others say 5.  I believe it is 2 true "Cap1" cards, but you are allowed to have co-branded cards as well such as BuyPower, Sony, etc so 2+the co-branded, but others will say different.  It also makes it more confusing with Cap1 buying HSBC and people having the HSBC cards converted into CAP1 cards as well which pushes them past the 2 or maybe even the 5 mark..  Anyways, in short yes you can have 2 Venture cards.  It will be a new set of HP's across all three CRA's though.

Message 5 of 11
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Thank you again.

Message 6 of 11
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

As already stated..Yup..I have both

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 7 of 11
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Thanks. When did you open both of them up? How far apart between applications and have you recieved any cli's?

Message 8 of 11
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@dbw79 wrote:

Thanks. When did you open both of them up? How far apart between applications and have you recieved any cli's?

I actually didn't "open" the Venture One per say. I PC'd my Quicksilver to a VentureOne and PC'd my Platinum card to a Quicksilver. I later received at offer to apply for the Venture card about a couple of weeks after. I'd say, about 2-3 weeks after, which i promptly did. CapOne is really great with CLI. I've been able to increase my new Quicksilver from 1.5k to 4.5k. I have another Quicksilver (recently PC'd my Journey card to a Quicksilver) at 2.25k. I got a CLI on my VentureOne from 5k to 7k. My Venture is a new product, i've only had it for 2 months now. I can't get a CLI yet, but i have a feel it's gonna be a big one.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 9 of 11
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

I had the Quicksilver One & wanted to upgrade to the Venture.  I called & they told me they didn't have any offers for me to upgrade to Venture but I could upgrade to Venture One & re-apply for the Venture.  I went ahead & took it.  The next day I applied for the Venture & got approved.  Now I have both.  I run all of my business expenses through the Venture card & just have the Venture One as another backup card.

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.