Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 auto cli possibility on toy card?

tag
lenz99
New Contributor

Cap1 auto cli possibility on toy card?

This is my oldest card, $500 limit originally from Household bank and its now by Cap1.

Never got any CLI and its now a plain platinum card, no rewards and no AF and I haven't used it for over 2 years

I'm wondering anyway to "trigger" an auto CLI on it without a hard pull? Would like to keep it but the limit is really annoying.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Cap1 auto cli on toy card?

You may wish to contact EO to add rewards to the card as well

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 14
lenz99
New Contributor

There is no auto "luv" yet...still stuck on the $500 limit.  Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@lenz99 wrote:

There is no auto "luv" yet...still stuck on the $500 limit.  Smiley Sad

So you didn't get a CLI ....understand now...sorry 

Ask for that as well when you contact them and it all a SP

Ask for 10k they will counter 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 14
baller4life
Super Contributor

Good luck!
Message 5 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Hold off on contacting the EO at least on the CLI portion, their policy is you must have made 3 months worth of payments in the past year to qualify for a CLI. I am in same boat after not using it for 1 yr, had it converted to the QS and am now using it for the 3 month period to be able to qualify for a CLI.

Message 6 of 14
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

Honestly, you should contact EO about producting changing to Quicksilver, adding a rewards program, lowering APR, and perhaps a CLI. 

This sounds like alot to ask for but it isnt. Lots of success stories on here for all of those in one sitting. Maybe your card isn't eligible for a CLI since its one of the older ones.

One caveat, which is likely to any CCC, they arent going to extend you credit if you don't need it. So use the card first.

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 7 of 14
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

Lenz...google Capital One CEO email address.  Email that address your request.  Ask for more than you want.  Give them your CC # and your phone number.  They will call you back in a day or two.  I did this for my Sparks card and they called me within 2 hours!

They will do the normal validate who you are mumbojumbo and then ask how much you want.  Tell them you're inflated amount and why you are worthy of a CLI.  They will ask you if you will settle for less and you agree to that.  Tell them you want to be upgraded to a Quicksilver Rewards card or better.  They will tell you that they will send it to underwriting to make a decision.  They have ALWAYS given me a CLI.  One time it was only 3 months after the last one.  Good luck!

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 8 of 14
lenz99
New Contributor

Thanks. I contacted capital one through online chat and was able to PC to a quick silver card.

Still same low limit, the chat agent said I could request a cli online as he can't initialize it from their end, and it will be a softpull. Is it true?

I decide to do the CLI thing after getting the new card.

Message 9 of 14
lenz99
New Contributor

OK, found this useful thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-CLI-Request-Online-Now-UPDATE/td-p/2240519

so seems its a sp. Will report back after I got the QS card.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.