Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 auto cli possibility on toy card?

tag
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap1 auto cli on toy card?

@signguy17 wrote:

Lenz...google Capital One CEO email address.  Email that address your request.  Ask for more than you want.  Give them your CC # and your phone number.  They will call you back in a day or two.  I did this for my Sparks card and they called me within 2 hours!

They will do the normal validate who you are mumbojumbo and then ask how much you want.  Tell them you're inflated amount and why you are worthy of a CLI.  They will ask you if you will settle for less and you agree to that.  Tell them you want to be upgraded to a Quicksilver Rewards card or better.  They will tell you that they will send it to underwriting to make a decision.  They have ALWAYS given me a CLI.  One time it was only 3 months after the last one.  Good luck!

this is where i am now. i asked for and received a cli 3 months ago via EO. How much closer did you get to your inflated number?

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 11 of 14
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

the CLI button is useless on cap1. do the EO route. Trust, it's going to work.

@lenz99 wrote:

Thanks. I contacted capital one through online chat and was able to PC to a quick silver card.

Still same low limit, the chat agent said I could request a cli online as he can't initialize it from their end, and it will be a softpull. Is it true?

I decide to do the CLI thing after getting the new card.

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 12 of 14
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

On my Sparks card that I just got the CLI on I asked for $7500 but the CSR said "is that all?" So I said okay make it $10k.  I got $5500.00.  I think (my memory is fleeting with old age) that on my CapOne card I asked for $2500 and the gave me $2k.

And Shock is right!  Do not use the online feature.  The response, I believe, is computer generated.  Always go the EO route thru the CEO fake email address.  Here's the link to find that address:  (http://gethuman.com/email/Capital-One-Credit-Card/customer-service--11725/)

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 13 of 14
JustinS
Regular Contributor

Just recently (a week ago) got my quicksilver (formerly hsbc orchard bank) to a $1500 CL (originally on hsbc at $300) - EO is definitely the way to get issues addressed the best as they have the ability to get a manual review from their uw department (where as their luv button is an automated system and may not provide even a half decent CLI).

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.