Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 automated CLI attempt

tag
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap1 automated CLI attempt

I wonder what is required to get approved for the Newcomers card? I have a $201 secured card, and  a $500 unsecured plat with cap 1. my husband also has a $300 unsecured plat that he has had for a year and they denied his CLI request also. My cards are only a couple of months old.

Message 11 of 19
ceejx
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Yes, everyone does get this reason.

But, your account is only 5 months old and im sure that played a part of it too. Also, your aleady scheduled for a auto CLI per the terms of your agreement.

Be patient.

It's not a matter of patience, it's a matter of pragmatism, but thanks for the advice.

Message 12 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Jdirilio

The newcomers card is supposedly the easiest unsecured card they offer. I think you need a pulse and a small income.
Message 13 of 19
babablue
New Contributor

Where is the automated CLI button?

Starting Score: MyCreditKeeper - EX:613 EQ:597 TU:640; PSECU EX:629; Walmart TU:631
Current Score: MyFico - EX:666 EQ:675 TU:658 (9/19/13) ; PSECU EX:711 (12/11/13); Walmart TU:696 (12/2/13)
Goal Score: 700+ across

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 19
firesoul453
Contributor

Call the number on the back of your card.

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 15 of 19
p-
Valued Contributor

@seigex wrote:

.. this time I got back:

This Capital One account is not currently eligible for a credit line increase upon request. We're
reviewing our policy for increasing credit limits. While we do this, we won't be able to offer you
more credit.

not sure if that's just for my account or for everybody. Unfortuantely this is a cheesy limit credit card compared to the rest and has a $19 AF (only AF card) w/ a no AF first year, so after I hit 12 months, I might ditch it.

It's everybody.  I have had a platinum with no AF for over a year, and haven't seen a single increase since my 500 bump with credit steps.  I spend considerable time with backdoor numbers, online chat, and supervisors but got the same "reviewing our policy" message.  I really pushed for a limit increase, or PC to a card whose limit was not capped.  One rep told me that my card type had a 3k cap on it, and was a bit flummoxed when I pointed out my CL was 3500.

One thing I did get was "upgrade offers".  Although my account online didn't show any offers, the online chat rep was able to see an "upgrade offer" to a cashback no-af card.  It was enough like my card that there was no reason to change, but the important point is there are offers.  Mind you, it was the third or fourth conversation before someone even mentioned the upgrade offers to me.  

You should use the online chat and see if they can verify any upgrade offers and PC you to a no af card.

I am in the same boat with them being two of my oldest revolvers.  My personal plan is to wait six months and try again.  Hopefully by then they will be fully integrated with Orchard and I can PC my Orchard card with one of those "upgrade offers".  The card I really would like to PC to is the Capital One Cash Credit Card.  It is a Visa sig no AF card.  I won't app for it, but if I am able to finagle it out of an existing account I'll be happy.

Message 16 of 19
firesoul453
Contributor

@p- wrote:

@seigex wrote:

.. this time I got back:

This Capital One account is not currently eligible for a credit line increase upon request. We're
reviewing our policy for increasing credit limits. While we do this, we won't be able to offer you
more credit.

not sure if that's just for my account or for everybody. Unfortuantely this is a cheesy limit credit card compared to the rest and has a $19 AF (only AF card) w/ a no AF first year, so after I hit 12 months, I might ditch it.

It's everybody.  I have had a platinum with no AF for over a year, and haven't seen a single increase since my 500 bump with credit steps.  I spend considerable time with backdoor numbers, online chat, and supervisors but got the same "reviewing our policy" message.  I really pushed for a limit increase, or PC to a card whose limit was not capped.  One rep told me that my card type had a 3k cap on it, and was a bit flummoxed when I pointed out my CL was 3500.

One thing I did get was "upgrade offers".  Although my account online didn't show any offers, the online chat rep was able to see an "upgrade offer" to a cashback no-af card.  It was enough like my card that there was no reason to change, but the important point is there are offers.  Mind you, it was the third or fourth conversation before someone even mentioned the upgrade offers to me.  

You should use the online chat and see if they can verify any upgrade offers and PC you to a no af card.

I am in the same boat with them being two of my oldest revolvers.  My personal plan is to wait six months and try again.  Hopefully by then they will be fully integrated with Orchard and I can PC my Orchard card with one of those "upgrade offers".  The card I really would like to PC to is the Capital One Cash Credit Card.  It is a Visa sig no AF card.  I won't app for it, but if I am able to finagle it out of an existing account I'll be happy.

Its just stupid how cap1 has been. 

Maybe if everyone keeps getting them to send those generic letter, they'll do something.

Idk, I'm so mad at capital one. 

If the Journey card didn't offer what is basically unlimited 1.25% cash back, I'd probabbly have gotten rid of it.

I really think most people who have had success were just people with available offers. 

My ultimate credit wish,
Message 17 of 19
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

I was approved for the newcomers card with absolutely zero credit history for 500.00 unsecured. That got the steps bump to 750.00 after 5 months or so. Ziltch since.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 18 of 19
firesoul453
Contributor

@espnjunkie wrote:

I was approved for the newcomers card with absolutely zero credit history for 500.00 unsecured. That got the steps bump to 750.00 after 5 months or so. Ziltch since.

That exactly my story, except with their Journey card... And now I've had it about 10 years.

My ultimate credit wish,
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.