Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 card upgrade

tag
GTT
Regular Contributor

Cap1 card upgrade

My card was Platinum Master and now it's changed to QuickSilver.

However on the Cap1 website, only the image is changed but the name is stil the same.

What about you guys who had done this before? Was the name your card changed as well or not?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Cap1 card upgrade

My card changed to Quicksilver name stayed Platinum.  I get my rewards that's all I care about? 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 7
JustJen
Regular Contributor

I just logged into my cap1 account and my no hassle rewards card now has the image of the quicksilver one card, but still is listed as the old name. I would think if they upgraded my card they would send something notifying me of the change; I didn't initiate any change. Upon a quick forum search seems like the quicksilver has better rewards...so not complaining if they upgraded it!

Message 3 of 7
GTT
Regular Contributor

on the letter it says the reward would be 1.5%. i feel safe if the name is changed as well as I never calculate the percentage that I earn to see whether it's 1% or not.

Message 4 of 7
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@GTT wrote:

However on the Cap1 website, only the image is changed but the name is stil the same.

What about you guys who had done this before? Was the name your card changed as well or not?

I was notified of my upgrade to QS back in August , but both of my account images/names did change last night. I still have the physical Cash Rewards cards (MC & Visa), and they still are being used as usual.

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 5 of 7
parkbuilder
Regular Contributor

I recieved a letter stating my Cash Rewards card would transition over to a Quicksilver card in November. They said I would continue to use the old card and would not be issued the Quicksilver version until the expiration of my current card.

Starting Score: TU 649 EX 632 EQ 603(6/15)
Current Score: TU 664 EX 666 EQ 637 (9/15)
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

@GTT wrote:

This issue was discussed fairly recently in this Forum, and it appears (at least to me) that it takes some time for Capital One to eventually update both the card descriptions as well as their new photo images.  My Platinum MC was PC'd to QUICKSILVER card last Summer, but it took many months for the description/image to change on my Cap One account web page.  My VentureOne Visa (applied for new last Summer) was described on my web account as a "Platinum Visa" with no photo.  Although I did receive the proper card, I was still concerned that Cap One had pulled some sort of switch.  Even after I called Cap One and discussed this issue with a CSR, she kept on referring to it as a Platinum Visa!  Fast forward many months, my account web page finally has the VentureOne Visa image and description.  Maybe Cap One had/has a lot of "catch up" to do with these PC's and/or new cards . . . ?

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.