Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 cli

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 cli

@Anonymous_0723 wrote:

Normanfh, how often have they increased it for you?

My situation is atypical since they are not new accounts but:

Between Sept/14 and Jan/15 I was denied because of a recent late payment (within 9 months) on one account, and low scores on the other account. Both accounts were at 90%+ UTI unti Dec/14 when I paid them in full and started using them for all monthly expenses. Mid Feb/15 was when they upped my limits to $800/$1500 (from $300/$500), and each month since has been denied with the reason of "there has been a recent change". I don't expect I'll get one this month either but I will ask anyway. I do expect one in august and I should have decent UTI reporting by then (fingers crossed). Since both these accounts are several years old, I'll probably just see a CLI every six months like most. But I'll still ask....

My wife, OTOH got a new Cap One QS1 ($500 SL) account in March/15, and got a CLI right after the third statement. I have not yet requested another CLI on her account yet, since the fourth statement has not yet closed..

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I thought you can try for 3 months or after 3 statement cuts for cli. I just want to double check if this is true.

Yes, they will usually give a CLI after the third statement. It does absolutely no harm to ask, I've been asking each month like clockwork since last november.

I've been asking each week. Smiley LOL

Pretty soon you'll start getting auto-denials as soon as you log in!

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for the info.

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everybody. I know the answer is around here but I tried looking for it. But when can I ask for cli?? I have Cap1 qs1 and plat and they are about 2 months old now. I am just curious.

Yes, after the 2 month mark you can ask for a cli.  They gave me one on my first Venture card.  Have to wait another month to ask for the other.

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I thought you can try for 3 months or after 3 statement cuts for cli. I just want to double check if this is true.

Yes, they will usually give a CLI after the third statement. It does absolutely no harm to ask, I've been asking each month like clockwork since last november.

I've been asking each week. Smiley LOL

Pretty soon you'll start getting auto-denials as soon as you log in!

Well, that would save me some time. 

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.