Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 combining question - reward currencies

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 combining question - reward currencies

I see a lot of people combining accounts. What happens to the rewards if:

1. Two accounts with the same "reward currency" are combined (like QS+QS1). Does the cash back from both accounts pool together or does the closed account lose any remaining rewards?

2. Two accounts with different "reward currencies" are combined (like QS+Venture). Are the rewards lost, or is there some conversion rate of miles becoming cash back or vice versa?

I don't have accounts there, I'm just curious.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 combining question - reward currencies

Rewards are lost on the card that gets closed.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jace8602 wrote:

Got it.

Oh, and what if a person does a PC from Venture to QS? Are the rewards lost, or do the "miles" become cash back at a 1:1 (or some other) ratio?

Message 3 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jace8602 wrote:

Got it.

Oh, and what if a person does a PC from Venture to QS? Are the rewards lost, or do the "miles" become cash back at a 1:1 (or some other) ratio?

CB14...

When I combined my cards ( I had 5)...I made sure that I redeemed or cashed out my rewards depending on which card it was. They wont let you roll over the points/cash to the new card.  

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

CB14 - When you PC a card, the rewards convert. At least they did three months ago when I did a PC.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.