Cap1 credit increase

Hi.
This forum is great.
I had $200 CL with Cap1.Called the number posted here and within seconds I got $4000 increase.
Number I called 877 513 9959.They answered right away.Thx.

Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 credit increase

ssavic wrote:
Hi.
This forum is great.
I had $200 CL with Cap1.Called the number posted here and within seconds I got $4000 increase.

Yeowza, WTG!!!
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Frequent Contributor

Wow, that is awesome! 
AMEX GOLD-No Pre-Set Limit, AMEX Blue-$25K, AMEX Clear-$25K, AMEX Optima Plat-$25K, Sam;s Club $10K, Cap One $6K, Citi Plat.-$11K, Discover More -$10K, Columbia Bank-$9K
Frequent Contributor

ssavic wrote:
Hi.
This forum is great.

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!  Now that is a CL increase worth its weight in gold! 
          Congratulations!  :smileyhappy:

SandyK

Wow thats great!
How long did you have the card open?
What did you tell them to get that CLI?
Established Contributor

Superb... great job there... congrats
Valued Member

To echoe LisaLou's questions and add one of my own: did they do a hard inquiry for your CLI?  I have another question, but think I'll start a new thread.  Feels like ages! (I post threads when tempted to put hard INQ's on my CR's...doesn't always work, but like a smoker sucking on a straw trying to quit, the act of clicking 'submit' can help a little!).
Outer Banks Frank

"Success is nothing but luck...Just ask any failure!

I 've had acount open for 5 years.I told them that I have very good offers from another CC companies but preffer to stay with Cap1 and then just asked for CLI.He asked me how much I spend per mo. I told him $4000-$5000.He even removed annual fee.
Valued Member

[ Edited ]
Ssavic, your enthusiasm was contagious.  I, too called Cap 1 (after finding out they didn't do hard inquiries - those are the DEVIL!).  I asked how to go about a CLI, the helpful CSR took about five seconds to review my account and boosted it from $750 to $3750, and it went through immediately.  Oh, and I called the number you posted (different from the one I use for other CS matters).

I will say this, I don't know how bad they were in the past (I see a lot of crap 1 postings), but they have always done right by me.  Example - I'm in the military and when underway, I rely on their website to make payments.  Well, I couldn't get to their site, and wasn't near a phone until a few days after my payment was due.  I called and explained, and they ignored the late charge and said no ding would show up.  I like them.  Just my opinion.

Thanks for the heads up! A great way to start Sunday!

Message Edited by OBXFrank on 11-04-2007 07:21 AM
Outer Banks Frank

"Success is nothing but luck...Just ask any failure!
Contributor

Exscellent number to use. I have two accounts with Cap 1. increased one account by 5 thou and the other 3500. Is there a number like this for Discovercard or any other major credit cards
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.