Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 credit increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 credit increase

I have three crappy1 cards and all of them have been paid on time and a zero balance.  I called and requested a reduced APR and a CLI on one and I was denied across the board.  The only thing they did offer was to combine the three cards into one.  I've had all three cards for over 18 months.  Doesn't make sense to me.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

After seeing this post I went ahead and called they moved my limit from 500 to 1000 and it took all of 2 minutes!  Awesome.  Another great tip.  THANKS GUYS AND GALS!
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmm crappy1 is right, called the number ask for a CLI and they said the only thing they can do is wave the annual fee of $19........i took it. now back to the sock drawer for you crappy1
Message 13 of 16
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I called this number and got shot down for a CLI and APR reduction. I have better luck with the other magic number.
Here we go again...
Message 14 of 16
mporter13
New Contributor

I just called this number and got increased $500.  I've only had my Capital One account for 4 months.  Also, just this week i got the automated CLI increase of $250.  My CL went from $500 to $1250 in 4 days.  I'm so glad i found this thread.  I also asked how often I should call in and ask for an increase and the service rep, John, indicated I should call every 6 months.  I've bookmarked this thread for future use.
04/18/18: TU-677 EQ-747 EX-756
Message 15 of 16
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

I was shot down too. Actually, was told 7-10 days but I know what that means. I've never asked before and we've been customers for more than 4 years. Still trying to figure out if its better to apply for a 2nd card.
Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.