Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 credit limit recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 credit limit recon

I have a question, I was approved for 2 cap1 cards on 7/5/15 both with a 300 limit. i hear on the forum all the time about people saying they have called in to credit card companies about getting that initial limit raised, is it really just as easy as calling in and asking for a higher limit? My cards should be on their way already, should I call them and try to ask for a higher limit? Or would they think that is suspicious since i've already accepted their offer?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Cap1 credit limit recon

Not so easy with Cap1 they'll tell you they need to see how you use the new card/limit

Wait on your credit steps CLI and try at that time 

Good luck 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question, I was approved for 2 cap1 cards on 7/5/15 both with a 300 limit. i hear on the forum all the time about people saying they have called in to credit card companies about getting that initial limit raised, is it really just as easy as calling in and asking for a higher limit? My cards should be on their way already, should I call them and try to ask for a higher limit? Or would they think that is suspicious since i've already accepted their offer?

With your scores I would just hit the LUV button constantly. You may or may  not have success since the cards you have are starter cards for rebuilding credit. Congrats on the approvals and good luck!

Message 3 of 5
taxi818
Super Contributor

Unfornuately Op. when you get the $300 limits. it will be a long bridge to cross. hopefully they have you enrolled in credit steps and after 5 months of on time payments and usage. they will show some luv and give you increase. Cap one is not the one who recons well. Plays well with others. Not until you get into their prime cards. like Venture or Quicksilver. good luck anyway.

Message 4 of 5
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

Wait until after your 3rd card statement is posted online and then request a CLI. Do it once a month after a statement posts until you get one. It's only a soft pull and you have nothing to lose. Once you get a CLI, wait 3 statements again and repeat. There's no harm in trying. With only a starting $300 limit; you may just get a $500 bump on your card(s) to $800 but it's a start. Good luck!

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.