Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 email that promises cli in 6 months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 email that promises cli in 6 months

I have had my Cap1 account for at least 3 or 4 years, it was originally from Orchard Bank for 500 and it was sold or transferred to Cap1 at least a couple years ago.

I had one auto cli that took it from 500 to 750 over a year ago.

Last month, I hit the Luv button and got instant approval for additional 1k, bringing it to 1750, and I made two purchases.

I just got an email this morning that said if I PIF or at least make 125 a month payments for the next six months, it will auto increase by 500 to make it 2250.

It had a balance of 504 and I have already made a payment of 110 since the last statement so I'll add another 20.  The email said the clock starts now with the July payment due 7/18, but I'll start now.

I am happy with that and will adhere to the terms of the offer, I like getting an auto cli.  Next time I call in and ask; I'm going for more like another 2.5k though.

I was actually calculating how long it would be until I could hit the Luv button again and I had read 6 months.  I'll hold off now.

I had also considered doing an app for a Venture card hoping for a bigger SL.

My fako scores are in the 690 and 703 range, with 1 inquiry.  Big change from starting scores in the mid 400s.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 email that promises cli in 6 months

Maybe all old HSBC cards are on a similar program? My old Household Plat Rewards started at 300 a few years back, went up to -->500-->750-->1750 last month. I'll be on the lookout for a similar letter. Thanks for the 411.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job on getting your scores from 400.  One thing I admire about CAP 1 is the recent urge in doing right for the customer.  Enjoy your new CLI when the time comes.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just realized that this will actually be a 3x CLI for me within a seven month time frame, but still a 3x!  Big Time stuff for me.

In May it was a 750 limit and in December, it will be 2250 and that is a 3x.   Kind of like making it the hard way with the dice, but making it.

Still making progress, still happy.

My lates and COs from 2008 and 09 are falling off little by little every month and my scores get a small boost.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.