Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 hasn't Crap1'nd me yet,Part 3

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 hasn't Crap1'nd me yet,Part 3

I logged onto to my account and I see that Cap1 has given me a 500 dollar CLI on one my Visa cards. I used the card on my trip to South America and for other things. Now, I have 2 Platinum Visa Cards both with 1,100 dollar limits. One of my cards has a 0 balance and the other has a balance of around 512 dollars. I plan to pay 250 dollars on the bill tommorrow. When I get that card down to a zero balance I will let it marinate for a very long time and begin using my Wamu card with more frequency since it has been in the drawer for the past couple of months. I have no issues with Cap1 at this point and I want to continue to maintain a positive relationship with them.

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 02-28-2008 05:54 AM
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 hasn't Crap1'nd me yet,Part 3

Congrats on the CLI
Let them marinate for awhile-
You can always combine them in the future-

landocalrissian wrote:
I logged onto to my account and I see that Cap1 has given me a 500 dollar CLI on one my Visa cards. I used the card on my trip to South America and for other things. Now, I have 2 Platinum Visa Cards both with 1,100 dollar limits. One of my cards has a 0 balance and the other has a balance of around 512 dollars. I plan to pay 250 dollars on the bill tommorrow. When I get that card down to a zero balance I will let it marinate for a very long time and begin using my Wamu card with more frequency since it has been in the drawer for the past couple of months. I have no issues with Cap1 at this point and I want to continue to maintain a positive relationship with them.

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 02-28-2008 05:54 AM

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

From reading here - as long as you aren't late or go over-limit with Cap1 they are okay to have as a card--- very conservative though with CLI.    However they are pitbulls if you mess up!

Cap1 is now my second highest CL (go figure) - so I really can't complain too much about them.  The AF isn't bad compared to 2 other cards - one's funeral is planned already (the other is iffy).  At least they now report limits...

Even though it is a rebuliercard - I will probably alway keep it unless they can combine with a non re-builder in about 2-3 years).  Even at the max CL for the card ($3K) - it's not a shabby limit.

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 02-28-2008 10:25 AM
Message 3 of 22
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I too have no problems with Capital One. They don't have the ridiculous fees of the other subprimes like Credit One, and when I couldn't get more than $300 elsewhere they gave me $2000.

Even though I've moved onto the prime world mostly, I have no issues with them.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

They gave you a 2000 CL initially????
Message 5 of 22
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Well, it was $1000 initially, but I got a $500 CLI through the back door number in the first month and then $500 more from Credit Steps.
Here we go again...
Message 6 of 22
MsKmm00
Regular Contributor

What is Credit Steps?
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Steps are the program that Cap1 has set up that allows people with "not so hot" credit to receive CLI's if they: 1)Use the card within the first 90 days of receiving it 2)Pay the minimum by the due date 3)Do not go over limit They are used for rebuilder cards, which both of mine are. I am not complaining. It seems like Cap1 showed me some love, because they hit me off with the increase after I put a 512 dollar balance on the card which immediately lowered my utilization.
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 initially gave me a $3k limit. I guess my credit was better than I thought a couple years ago... It's better now.

After I get my mortgage I'm going to look into interest rate decreases and CLIs on two of my 3 cards. My third card gave me a CLI last month when I wrote them GW letter asking them to remove a 30 day late. I have to say, it WAS a good letter. Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have two "credit in need of improvement cards" will they give you a third if you demonstrated proper usage of the other cards??? Anybody know??????????
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.